Nothing but Success! Portland, OR

Having gastric sleeve surgery saved my life. Dr...

Having gastric sleeve surgery saved my life.
Dr Patterson has watched me go from a women's plus size 28-30,- ( 4XL )
to a size 6-8 - ( S-M ) and a size 9 in Juniors.
I would have never made it this far without the support from the Oregon Weight Loss Clinic.
With special thanks to:
- Dr. Emma Patterson herself, for always being upfront, honest and caring.
- Dr. W. Ruam ( retired. )
- Dr. Bergmann, who is the kindest MNP you will ever meet, and who herself has been through WLS , and massive weight loss.
- Dr. Babbit, Chiropractic Physician/Fitness and nutrition, who made me feel welcome during my very first appointment with his warm and loving nature. THANK YOU!
- Dulcie Ward -RD, who made sure I was making the right food choices and helped me reach my daily protein goals.
Portland Bariatric Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr. Emma Patterson. I have had a very positive experience with her as my surgeon. I met with her twice before I had my Gastric Sleeve Procedure. The first appointment was a consultation. She was thorough and direct. She answered all my questions and concerns. During my second appointment she walked me through how the day of surgery would go. She was very patient with all my questions. On the day of surgery she met with me right before my procedure and explained everything again with my husband and I. My husband was worried about the surgery. He was in the recovery room waiting. As soon as she finished with me, she went to my recovery room to talk to him before I was even brought to my room. She knew how nervous he was during my pre-op visit. She sat with him and explained that everything went really well and that I was doing great. She answered all his questions. I was brought to my room around 11:00am, she returned to my room at 8:00pm to check in on me before she went home. She came back at 7:00am the next morning and went over all my discharge instructions for medications, eating and exercising. Dr. Patterson is not one to sugarcoat anything and is very blunt. I like that about her. I know some people interpret this type of personality the wrong way. She is busy and has a job to do. But she is very caring and compassionate about her patients. I asked her "Why did you choose this as your profession?" She was surprised that I had asked, and answered wholeheartedly, ( and I quote ) " "Because I like to see people succeed. " She told me she want to be a surgeon that helped her patients. I am two and a half years post-op and I have had three follow up appointments with her. All of them positive! I also go back every three months to touch base with the Dr Bergmann. I have lost 200 pounds. I am at a healthy weight with only 5 more pounds to reach my goal weight. The front desk can be chaotic. There have been different receptionists from time to time, and some have been there since I first started as a patient in May 2013. Like any doctor's office, some employees do their jobs better than others. However, this is no reflection on the care I have received from Dr Patterson and her associates. The three stars "Staff professionalism" is in relation to the front desk only.