One Month Post Rhinoplasty - Portland, OR

I had been thinking about getting a nose job my...

I had been thinking about getting a nose job my entire life. I was always self conscious and was always shy and lacked confidence. I decided to finally go through with it at OHSU with Dr. Kim and it has been life changing. I am so glad that I did it! The pre procedure and procedure itself went as smooth as I could have imagined! The staff was amazing. Recovery went in stages! The first two days after surgery, I didn't have the best time! There was minimal pain (Tylenol was all I needed) and minimal anxiety (from
Having the splints in my nose). Sleeping was uncomfortable trying to be upright and on my back but other then that not too bad! My swelling and bruising was much less then I expected. By day three I was up walking around, taking no meds and feeling a lot better. At one week, I had my cast and splints removed. I thought this would be painful, but it wasn't at all! Quick and easy! The swelling of my nose was a little overwhelming at first, but over the first two weeks after removal swelling continued to go down. I still feel as though the tip is swollen at this point (two weeks after cast removal) . At one month, more swelling has gone down and I'm feeling great. Dr Kim tells me at this point there is still a fair amount of swelling that will go away from here up to a year. At this point my overall experience has been amazing and I cant even stress enough... if you are thinking about doing this.. just do it!!! I have never felt better or more confident in my entire life! Also! For those wondering... I went back to work full time after 13 days off! I had a barely noticeable black eye and swelling in my nose that most likely wasn't apparent to others!! My nose is still kind of numb today.. but this is normal. Your smile may look a little different for a while too.. but it goes back to normal :)
Dr. Michael Kim

I can't say enough good things about Dr Michael Kim at OHSU! He was the first surgeon that I met and the last! I knew right away from his post or I've attitude and great bedside manner that I trusted him with my surgery! He also specializes in rhinoplasty which means he does this a lot! At the initial appointment we went over a plan and thoughts and concerns. Once we set a date for surgery we had multiple meetings before then.. to assure that we were both on the same page! In the mean time, every single email that I sent him with a bunch of questions.. he responded the same day with a more than thoughtful response. He made the entire experience such a positive one. I knew exactly what to expect and the results prove just how amazing of a surgeon he is. I continue to talk with him about my results and have appointments scheduled for three months post op and so on so that he can continue to track my progress! A truly amazing surgeon that I would recommend to anyone I meet! Again, if you are thinking about this surgery, consult with Dr. Kim at Oregon Health and Science University! I am so thankful that I met him and his incredible staff!