33 Year Old, 1 Child, Breastfed and Never the Same, 5'2" 120lbs - Portland, ME

I've wanted breast implants my entire life. I've...

I've wanted breast implants my entire life. I've been a small B until after children and breastfeeding/pumping. Now I'm an A as you can see. I'm slightly overweight which I hope I can lose after surgery. I don't have a great pocket for implants, but don't particularly like the look of submuscular implants. I'm thinking of doing subglandular, but have seen concocting results. I want implants so bad, but am terrified of them coming out terrible, getting double bubble, revision after a year, a botched job, or just regret it all together afterward. Im torn. I'm having my consultation Monday with a double board certified surgeon, and hopefully will feel more comfortable after.

Consultation done, surgery here I come!

Consultation was casual. Nervous for the surgery and how it's going to come out, but this is something I've wanted for over 10 years, so I booked the surgery! The plastic surgeon said about 300cc would be appropriate for my body, going submuscular and silicone. He also said my skin is very tight so not much bigger would fit in the "pocket" of my breast. We'll see!

Surgery day!!!!

Wow. Lots of emotions here. Am I doing the right thing? This is something I've wanted for over 12 years, so I thought I'd be more excited. What if they come out terrible? What if something happens? Not a lot of people know I'm doing this, including family. What if I'm making a mistake? What if this is the best thing that truly could happen?
It's 7:52am, and headed in for 845. Took my meds, showered, hungry, nervous, excited, and slightly overwhelmed.
Wish me luck. This is huge!

Done!

So sore! My skin is so tight so my chest and muscles really hurt. Taking my meds trying to do my arm exercises at home, but it's slow going. Trying to stay awake and drink plenty of fluids. Post op day 0, and updates to come!

POD #0

Swollen. About 8 hours after surgery. Yikes! 375cc HP silicone submuscular implants.

POD #0

Swollen. About 8 hours after surgery. Yikes!

POD #1

POD #1. Hard and swollen. Skin is very tight, and hoping over the next few weeks they start to lower and settle. Ouch. Icing every twenty minutes and taking my meds as directed.

Topical Rash???

Noticing a rash on my sternum, rib area, and a little on my stomach. Causes? It's not itchy, but concerned. Thoughts??

POD#6
Morning boob is the worst. Sharp pains, and incisions hurt first thing in the morning. I don't know if I should sleep with a bra on, or off. Still uncomfortable and icing on/off. Still really high too.

1 week

Last update for a while after week one. Had my post op visit today, Strips are off, things look great! Some swelling still present, however just waiting for them to drop and a nice pocket to expand for a more natural look. Scheduled an 8 week follow up. Until then, I'm happy!

2 weeks post op

See any change yet? Lol. Maybe they dropped a little? They days get easier, but feel sore at the end. Can massage them for a bit now without them feeling very hard. Slowly but surely!

3 week post op

I think they are starting to migrate to the sternum. Still itchy around the incision. Gained more weight because I'm less active due to healing. :(
Making progress I think.

3 week post op

Making progress I think.

Almost 6 weeks!

Feeling some pocket stretching randomly during the day. Massaging helps. Also going braless feels more relaxing before bed. Little concerned how close the implants are getting in the sternum area. Still glad I did this though. The last pic is laying down.

11 weeks post op, they feel amazing!

I'm so happy with the results! I can wear regular bras, look great in clothing, sleep on my side, and I do t even feel like I have "fake" boobs. Love them!!!
Dr. Verne Weisberg

First I want to say the staff has been amazing. Everyone seemed very experienced, professional, and answered any questions I had. Pre op appointment was thorough, and informative. I felt comfortable and confident after leaving the apt. The big day was filled with mixed emotions, but the staff was very understanding , and compassionate. The surgery went quick, and the nurse was right there when I woke up from surgery. I was home before I knew it. Dr. Weisberg called me POD #1 to Check on me, which was appreciated. Excited to see how my augmentation will turn out in the next 8 weeks.