Finally Did It After 19 Years of Thinking About It and Saving Up! - Plymouth, UK

I am 5ft 6 and slim, however after giving birth to...

I am 5ft 6 and slim, however after giving birth to my first child 19 yrs ago I was covered I stretch marks, they looked like the treads on a tyre, after my second child 5 yrs later, who weighed in at 10 lbs, I had lost all the elasticity in my skin. I eat healthily and am very active and in clothes I look fine, however underneath is a different story! I used to get very upset looking at my naked body so I stopped looking many years ago, I haven't worn pretty knickers for 19 yrs as I thought what's the point and there are sexual positions I won't get in because of the way my belly hangs down. My husband has always said he finds me attractive and if I wanted a TT I should do it for myself, not for him. So on Friday 13th of September I did it.....I am 4 wks PO today. I am starting to feel like myself a little more each day, my only worry is that my scar is higher than I would have liked, only 3 inches from my BB, I know it is early days and most of my stretch marks have gone I just want to give it a little more time before I give it a thumbs up.

5 wk update, hopefully with pics!

So... I am feeling a lot better, I am standing 95% straight! I can sleep on my side for a couple hours at a time. Some days I have a bit more energy but then seem to pay for it, being knackered for 2 days later. My scar is healing well, however I do find myself obsessing about the scar being too high, it has pulled my mons pubis quite high and pubic hair with it! I am posting pics, they're not very clear, my iPad doesn't seem to take great pics.

5wks PO

BB 5wks

8weeks post op

I feel more comfortable in my own skin now, still not happy with height of scar. I did email my CS about my concerns, he emailed me straight back the bottom line was best case it resolves itself to a standard I am happy with worst case we can look at ways of lowering the scar in about a years time, can't say fairer than that I guess, just wanted it to be perfect right away. I have my appointment with him the end of this month.
On a more positive note I have been out walking the dogs every day it is very hilly here so it's a good work out and my mental health has been so much the better for getting out. I have put on 7 Lbs put that down to inactivity and giving up smokin for this op but I am so pleased I have managed to give up the fags feel tons better for it and after a few weeks of eating crap am now on a more healthy diet, helps that I can get to the shops to buy the stuff I need.
Onwards and upwards x

Revision

Had scar revision on 9th May, scar is definitely lower, looking forward to seeing final result when bruising and swelling goes down!
Great Britain Plastic Surgeon

Would have liked more post operative advice and information.