LBL 11 Yrs After WLS - Plymouth, MN

I had a belt lipectomy 11 & 1/2 yrs after a distal...

I had a belt lipectomy 11 & 1/2 yrs after a distal open RNY. At my lowest I had lost around 220 lbs. I have gained back around 30 lbs from my lowest weight and was between 190- 200 lbs when I had my LBL. I had my procedure on April 14th, 2015. I had been consulting with Dr. Fasching for probably over 7 yrs, but something else in life always came up that prevented me from being able to have it done. The $12,000 included everything from the procedure to the surgery center to all after care.

A year and a half later

Recovery after my LBL was very slow. I am a single mom of a 9 yr old and 3 yr old at the time, so I had to be up and doing more than I should have too soon. I ended up tearing open my incision right above my buttocks. Dr. Fasching repaired this immediately at no extra charge, but then another spot would tear open. I want to stress that the re-openings had absolutely NOTHING to do with my surgeons care. It was a combination of being too active too soon as well as two forms of anemia that I have that tend to make me a very slow healer. Eventually my skin healed and I only have a few extra scars on my behind from non-dissolvable fishing line type stitches. Dr. Fasching had to end up using this to make sure my skin stayed together as I live 2 1/2 hours north of his office in a somewhat rural area. I am a little disappointed in the belly button he created for me, I have an outie now instead of an inny, but he also repaired an abdominal hernia I had, and had to work around my scars from 3 c-sections. I haven't asked, but I suspect all of that had a lot to do with it and I am confident that he gave me the best outcome he could. I wish I would have realized that everyone's body responds differently and that everyone will have different results. Overall, I am very pleased with Dr. Faschings results and will return to him for future body conturing procedures.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Fasching is a very skilled, competent surgeon, especially regarding body contouring after major weight loss. I suffer from 2 different forms of anemia, and rarely have a hemoglobin over 9. Dr. Fasching required me to do some extra things, such as iron infusions to keep my hemo up before he would operate on me, and even ordered a hemo check right before surgery before he would allow me to go back to the OR. Definitely a Doc that cares about his patients health first. Since surgery I have had 3 openings in my incisions, due completely to the lower blood supply my tissues and skin receive because of my anemia. Not knowing I would be a much slower healed than most, I was too active, too soon. None of the openings were fault of anything Dr. Fasching did, and he has fixed them every time for me. I live 2 hours away, longer with all the summer road work, and every time I opened, Dr. Fasching had me go down immediately, and has put more than his fair share of time into my recovery, including staying late on a Friday evening, seeing me on a Saturday, and getting me in when booked full. His staff has been incredibly patient and supportive as well, and no one has ever showed annoyance or rushed me out the door.