32 Year Old Female Looking for Permanent Lip Volume. Pleasanton, CA

I started going to Dr. Bachelor for skin care to...

I started going to Dr. Bachelor for skin care to reduce the wrinkles and oil production. I love his staff and Dr. Bachelor always took his time to listen to my concerns and seemed like he genuinely cared. Because I trusted him and his staff, I looked into lip augmentation. I didn't want anything foreign in my body so Dr. Bachelor recommended taking a skin graft from my inner thigh; using this technique also gives more longevity. I know swelling is normal after surgery and is expected, but there are incisions down the center of my lip that were not discussed during out pre-op appointment. There were supposed to be one incision at each corner of the mouth and one incision in the upper lip/center -inside as well as lower lip/center - inside. I am really scared that these incision will be very visible once healed... ;( Plus I have not seen anyone on these websites with similar incisions. Can someone please tell me that is a normal technique used for lip augmentation??

18 Days

Sorry for the late update. The healing experience has been a process. Yes, the swelling looked crazy and I walked around looking like a platypus with too much carmex. On a good note, after the third day the swelling went down daily. They will become very dry and you MUST keep them moist or they will peel and become raw. By day seven I had the stitches removed (Dr. Bachelor reluctant to do so, but I couldn't wait). I was a little careless with the incision on my thigh and ripped it open; Dr. Bachelor had to glue it back together for me. By day 15 the swelling and discoloration were completely gone so it is safe to say that the two week mark for healing is dead on. What folks forget to mention, your lips do lose sensation, and I am still teaching myself how to maneuver them. It is going to take some time for my mouth to stretch open wide enough to have a full smile, as of now it looks half-assed, but I am "excising" them all the time (especially in the mirror) - this is something I am determined to get back ASAP; not to mention the difference in feeling compared to the left side to my right side. Other than that, this experience hasn't been bad one. Dr. Bachelor has been amazing through out as well as his staff. He stated my lips will be beautiful, and I couldn't agree more! A ginormous THANK YOU to you Dr. Bachelor and I look forward to being your canvas in the future.
I have posted more pictures for you all AND... even the one I hate most of all (DAY OF SURGERY) because it's only fair.

Picture Upload

Sorry if I am updating incorrectly...

Day 23

You requested updated photos... Here you go! ;)
By the way, I can now smile with confidence.
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

I will keep this post updated with pictures as well as what happens during appointments as time and healing goes on. I do not want to rate anything until the entire experience is done. (November 1st, 2014)