35 Yrs Mom of Two - Grand Rapids, MI

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

After loosing 90 pounds I was ready to get rid of...

After loosing 90 pounds I was ready to get rid of the extra skin around my abdomen. I had 3 consults and choose Dr. Renucci at Plastic Surgery Associates. I had Lipo on my back also. Surgery took about 5 hours and I went home the same day. So far I am feeling good, just very tight. Sleep was good and getting to the bathroom has been easy. I do have more swelling today.

2 day post opt. Took shower, feeling swollen and itchy.

Day 4/5

Day 4 really feeling the swelling and pressure on my stomach and lateral thighs. Started applying ice, I need to have a B.M. hoping that will relieve some pressure. Took another shower last night. Walking nearly upright.

Post op apt.

Had my follow up apt. Today with Dr. Renucci. He removed the 2 drains on the right side and next Tuesday I will have the left side removed. I'm looking forward to increasing my activity and having a bit more mobility with half my drains gone. Pain is maybe a 2 or 3. Taking Norco at night and a Valium to help me relax and easy the discomfort of the swelling. I am so pleased with my results and I'm only 6 days post op! I'm so grateful for finding Dr. Renucci!

11 days post op

Feeling less tight and swelling is mostly just occurring at the end of the day. Looking forward to sleeping through the night. That is still the toughest part, finding a comfortable position for 6-8hrs. Almost all my bruising is gone. Thinking of getting a massage later this week just to help my lymphatic system.

I'm free of tubes!

What a great feeling to not have drainage tubes! I had most of my steri strips on still so Dr. Renucci's nurse Julie took them off. Everything is closed, yeah!!! Just using the paper tape. I was able to take my binder down a size so it just fits around my lower back and abdomen. I can't say enough wonderful things about this plastic surgery team. Plastic Surgery Associates -Dr. Renucci, you made my dreams come true! I can't wait to get back into the gym and see what kind of toning and defining I can do!

Drain site

Had some fluid that made its way out of my drain site last week. I was put on an antibiotic to clear anything up. The past couple days I have been feeling great!

Results!

My lower body lift is turning out to be better than I ever hoped for! Dr. Renucci does great works of art on the body!

Dr. Renucci spent time going over the lower body lift with me in his office. He listened to my goals. He spent time showing me several LBL that he has done which were similar to my body. This made me feel confident that he would do a great job on me. I loved that the operating room is solely for plastic surgery cases. Unlike a hospital where all types of surgeries are happening. All of his staff were so welcoming and friendly.