40 Year Old Salesman. Plantation, FL

Living with this has been extremely difficult and...

Living with this has been extremely difficult and life and career-altering. As one would imagine, there is a social stigma related to this disease and moreso in the career I've chosen in Sales. My hyperhydrosis is predominantly in my hands and under arms. As you can imagine, the impact on my life and career has been tremendous in a negative way. It's hard to start a relationship when your hands sweat and as we know this is one of the first impressions anyone has when meeting anyone, whether it's personal or professional. Moreover it's caused me to regress in social situations, which is tough for an outgoing person such as I am, and even compounded more as a Sales Professional. I lived with this disease for the better part of 20 years. I've used paper towels to mask it, deodorants, topi caps, powders, etc. All with no results. Anything to try and hide it from the public. But that's all it does is mask. I've tried countless over the counters as well as went to a dermatologist before finally deciding to seek more help. I've also tried Acupuncturists and was even considering hypnotherapy as I was out of options and my confidence was waining. I went to a website called sweathelp.org and ran a physician locator where I found Dr. Nathan with Suria Plastic Surgery. From the first call with Lisa(receptionist/office manager), I was pleasantly surprised. Lisa was so helpful that she even asked to research my insurance on my behalf even before my first appointment just to see if they would cover and if there were any road blocks. There wasn't. Since I started with my Primary doc, then went to Suria, I fulfilled my requirements with my insurer to reduce/eliminate most of my out if pocket expenses. When I met wth Dr. Nathan, he was just as nice. Sensitive to my disease and the story behind it, I felt he took action to make it a point to treat me regardless of obstacles, and finally provide a solution for my disease.
To say it's been life-changing is an understatement. I've seem dramatic results. Under the arms is completely sweat free. My hands have seen about an 85% reduction in sweat. I've gotta believe most physician do would be happy and settle on those results. Not Dr. Nathan; he wants to see my treatment through, where I have no more sweat at all. I'm continuing to be treated by Dr. Nathan and his wonderful staff at Suria Plastic Surgery. I'm hoping to have a follow up post where I can honestly say I am symptom free: No More Sweat. I know it can be difficult to talk to someone about this but it gets to a point where I was tired f disguising and hiding this, which was virtually impossible. No more am I looking to" just get through my day," but embrace life and live it to the fullest. Thank you Dr. Nathan for giving me hope but more importantly giving me my life back!!

40 Year Old Salesman

CORRECTION: The amount of my treatmentI posted in my original review is incorrect. The value was around $7000. With my insurance coverage, my out of pocket was less than $100!!!! Obviously very no,in all out of pocket especially based on the results! Thanks Suria Surgery and thank you Dr. Nathan!!!

40 Year Old Salesman

Sorry guys. Just noticed some typos in my last Review:

I meant to say less than $100 out of pocket expense for treatment. Very nominal for the results received and how my life has changed since.
Plantation Physician

Read a lot online. Went to sweathelp.org