22 days PO, TT-drainless, MR, Hernia Repair, Lipo of Flanks, Plano, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

The straw that broke the camels back, shopping one...

The straw that broke the camels back, shopping one afternoon and two different people asked me within 30 minutes if I was pregnant. I'm not!!! To make matters worse, this was on a day when I thought I was dressed really cute too:( so my journey begins. I'm 41 a blessed mom of a 1 and 3 yr old. Pregnancy did a number on me to say the least. Having kids 2 years apart at my age and one baby weighing in at 9.5 lbs left me with an umbilical hernia and diastasis. I'm about 5'2" and weighing in at about 142. I've worked out since about May to get my pre baby body back and I've lost about 50lbs since having my daughter. I only have 7lbs to be back to wedding day weight but, sadly I still look pregnant. Since I have to get the hernia fixed, I am going for the works! My husband has been very supportive of my decision. I interviewed 3 PS that were board certified and I have made my decision and set the date for surgery, Nov. 19th.

I will try to load photos as soon as I figure out how. Thanks for your support on this website

Just turned in my FMLA paperwork. I am taking 3...

Just turned in my FMLA paperwork. I am taking 3 weeks off work. It's all becoming very real now. I have my preop on Monday, Nov 5th. I am scheduled for BL but now I'm wondering if I should go with small implant. What do you guys think???? I should add that I am small frame and a runner so I am so undecided. PS said I would end up a b cup. Ugh, maybe I shouldn't second guess myself. Seriously, I change my mind every other day. Any advice???
I was happy with just the BL decision but now after reading all the comments on RS, I don't know if I should consider the implant. Anyone know if the replacement surgery for the implant down the road is as an intense procedure, downtime, etc?????? Thanks guys for your help and support!

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm really nervous. Got a...

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm really nervous. Got a call today that they moved me up to the first surgery so I have to be there at 6am. Really sad I wont be able to see the kids in the morning when they get up. I decided against the breast lift so just doing the the tummy part. I feel better since I made that decision a week or so ago. I feel like I'm not at all as ready as I hoped I would be. House isn't clean, didn't get laundry done, Didnt pre cook and freeze any meals. Time just got away from me and I only worked out once his week and of course I ate like a pig all week. Oh well, I can't do anything about that now. My overnight bag is packed and ready. Just have to jump in the shower and Use the surgical scrub they gave me in the shower and then I'm out he door. My Dad will be here @4:30am to stay with the kids until they wake up then they are off to grandmas for a sleepover. My parents are so great!!! I told my hubby that I left a notarized copy of my will on the mantle. And he just rolled his eyes at me, thinks I'm being over dramatic. Just had my last glass of water until tomorrow. Ugh, I hope it all goes well. Have to be up in in 4.5hrs so I guess I should try to sleep. See ya on the flat side

I've spent a majority of my time in the recliner....

I've spent a majority of my time in the recliner. I'm still taking all my meds but they make me so sleepy. I am in absolute hell with this compression garment. One side of it keeps digging int my incicision, not to mention its difficult to breathe in as well. I hope I can switch to spanx soon. I had an itch in my throat yesterday and went into a coughing fit. I thought y insides would explode. The pain was so horrible. Do not cough!!! Appetite is starting to come back but I could do without that to be honest. My husband has been great, helping me clean and doctor up my wounds. I really don't like to look at the incision. Reminds me of Frankenstein or something. I'm going to start drinking cucumber& lemon water today and see how that goes. Ive been taking the colace the past few days with no luck so I'm going for the MOM today. I bet that does the trick. The hardest part of all this is not being able to pick up my 1 yr old when she asks for me. Breaks my heart.

It's been a pretty good day. I only took one pain...

It's been a pretty good day. I only took one pain med all day and I'm about 80% standing up straight. Not as much swelling today but I've been drinking cucumber and lemon water all day. The MOM finally kicked in, though I think the really hot Starbucks latte really did the trick. Took a shower today and cleaned my incision all on my own. I finally got a really good look in the mirror from all sides and Wow!!!!! I have a waist again & a belly button that isn't all gross looking. I will say they must've done a lot of lipo on my flanks because my entire backside is black and blue. Honestly though, it doesn't hurt much a little sore but that's about it. I haven't used my walker too much today at all. I am glad that I did a lot of running before I had this surgery because I use my quads a lot to squat and pick things up instead of bending over. Quads have also gotten a really good workout just getting up from the bed and recliner without any help. Starting to eat more but my big appetite hasn't come back yet. Let's hope it doesn't. So I have a question, some of the surgical tapes on my incision are coming off. Do I just replace them or put more tape on top so they don't fall off entirely? My post op is Monday but until then what should I do? I've been going over the incision and tape area with hydrogen peroxide and then polysporin. Next question, for those that had lipo with our TT how long did you have to stay in the compression garment before moving to spanx? Last question, does eating pineapple help with the bruising? I read it did but was curious if anyone had tried it. I am taking the arnica pills already. Happy healing everyone!!!! It's getting better day by day.

Went for my 1 week PO visit today. Just getting...

Went for my 1 week PO visit today. Just getting ready was a chore. I've been home bound and had to make myself presentable. Not that I did a ton but by the time I washed my hair, put on make up, shaved legs and got dressed, I was pooped out. Anyway, found out I was totally cleaning my incision area wrong but luckily no real harm done. Turns out I shouldn't have been doing anything at all to the incision site strips just clean bb and put this special tape over it. So, could've left the hydrogen peroxide and polysporin alone. In fact the polysporin was making the strips lift off. They ended up taking off all the strips and re taping everything and showed me how to do the bb part. They said everything looked good though with the scar and no fluid retention or anything. I'm so glad I didn't have drains. The little swelling I do have is because of salt I know and probably from doing too much with the kids. That is my fault and I'm going to work on that so that I don't have any setbacks. One more week in this compression garment from hell. My next appt is next week and if things look good I can go to spanx type of garment. They also told me the swelling on my backside from flanks lipo will decrease at least another 70% or so over the next 6 weeks. Can't wait to see that, woohoo. Things are so so much better than 1 week ago. Happy healing everyone!!!

12 days PO, I had a good day yesterday. I ran...

12 days PO, I had a good day yesterday. I ran errands and did some shopping for about 3 hours. By night time, I was so swollen at my incision site and sore too. Took a valium to help me sleep because I was so uncomfortable and have not slept well the prior few nights. Today I am still sore at incision site, and still swollen. I haven't eaten much salt today and I have been drinking lots of water today. I think I over did it yesterday for sure. I'm supposed to start next week so I think I'm bloated from that as well. I have sat in my recliner most of the day today, took Tylenol, napped, and used an ice pack on my incision area most of the day. I feel guilty for not playing with my kids today, I feel lazy, I feel like my house is dirty, I feel like my husband is doing everything, I feel like I'm getting fat, and overall today I just don't feel good:( Also, yesterday started getting little pings, burning pings in my stomach area. I guess that is the nerves rejuvenating, feels weird but only lasts a second. So can anyone tell me, did you swell or feel real bloated when you were about to start your period, and did that make your incicision area a little uncomfortable? Hoping for a better day tomorrow. One day at a time, right? Happy healing RS friends.

I am finally adding pics today. These are before...

I am finally adding pics today. These are before & after. I hope the before pics don't gross you out. The after pics are 7 days PO. I'm more swollen today than when those post op pictures were taken. I go tomorrow for my 2 week follow up visit with the Dr. I hope it is just normal swelling and not a seroma. I'm scared about that. I'll post the outcome tomorrow. Keep healing...

15 days post op. Went for my follow up visit with...

15 days post op. Went for my follow up visit with PS today. He said my swelling was normal. I'm so glad it wasn't a seroma and I didn't have to get anything drained. All that worry for nothing, I guess. My bb still looks funky. PS said it too was still so swollen and that he had to do quite a bit of work in that exact area to fix the hernia that was partially on the inside and outside of my old bb. I'm still taped up at incision. In a week, They told me to put some Vaseline on the tape and will loosen them up enough to fall off by themselves in a couple of days. Since my bb is barely an innie at this point, almost flush looking really, they want me to cut a cotton ball in 1/4 size then ball it up, shove it in my bb then put tape over it & then compression garment on top of that. That should help in making it more of an innie especially once the swelling goes down. They said try to increase it to 1/2 size cotton ball once room allows for it in my bb. So, I did that tonight & it's kind of uncomfortable but I want an innie so I better get over it. After my surgical tape falls off around my incision they want me to continue to tape it with silicon tape. I bought the one they suggested since they sell it there anyway for $24. They want me to tape it for the next 3 mos.. I take it off when I bathe and just put the same tape back on. I will put new tape on once a week. They said I could switch over to spanx type of garment going forward so I guess I need to some shopping for that. Oh yes, I weighed today and I'm 6 lbs lighter than they day of my surgery. Come to find out today, PS told me they removed 2.5lbs from my tummy and 2lbs from the lipo on my flanks and waist. I guess I've only lost 1.5lbs on my own. Here I was all excited because I've been trying to eat really healthy proteins and stay away from carbs and junk. PS said no jogging for at least 6 more weeks. He did say I could start on treadmill though so I'm glad about that. I'm going to strap on my pedometer tomorrow and do some shopping and see how I do. I went to 2 stores after my appt today and I was so exhausted by evening time. Just getting ready for my Dr. Appt wore me out so I sat in my recliner for an hour before I left for my appt.. I don't know how much treadmill I'll be good for but I guess I will just work my way up. I won't go back to my PS until March unless I feel like I have a problem or concern before then. I'm about to call it a night and get some rest. Thanks everyone for your support in healing.

22 days PO, I returned to work yesterday. I was so...

22 days PO, I returned to work yesterday. I was so tired By the time I got home. I have to admit just getting ready to go to the office wore me out. I definitely need to tack on an extra 20 minutes to my getting ready regimen. I need the extra time to reapply my silicon tape and put the cotton ball in my BB & then squeeze back into my CG, & then try to find some pants that fit that will still be comfortable 12 hours later. It's a process, no doubt. I'm healing pretty well, just exhausted by the time I get home. My BB still looks a little weird to me, could be the swelling. Just hope it stays an innie, it's to very far in so I just have to Poe the cottonball thing works. I've read some use a marble but I don't think one would even fit right now. I'm trying to drink a lot of water at work so I Poe that helps. Did anyone else end up with extremely dry skin post surgery? I asked my PS and he said it was side effect from anesthesia as it dehydrates the body. My skin is awful, sounds weird I know. Leave it to me to have crazy side effects. Happy healing everyone.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I definitely wanted to go the no drains route for the TT so I started researching and then interviewing doctors who performed the quilting suture procedure. After consultations it was really just about how I felt about the doctor. The nurses are all amazing. I never feel like any of my questions are stupid or like they are rushed. My husband met my Dr. The day of my surgery and he walked him through the whole thing and spoke with him about how things went afterwards. He knew the Dr. Was really busy all day but really appreciated him taking the time.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful