Posting Minutes Before Surgery - Plano, TX

Nurse just came back to get me, and help me into a...

Nurse just came back to get me, and help me into a super sexy gown over the clothes I wore in. Excited AND nervous.

During: I really had to push the doc to put a 5 up top. He wanted 4 top and bottom. We settled on 5mm top, 4mm bottom. The nurse gayla was wonderful and so reassuring with her southern charm. She placed Q-tips with a numbing serum in my cheeks that smelled like watermelon before Dr. Harris did the dental blocks. He was very skilled, but it still hurt in a couple of places where he stuck. After I was numb, my face was prepped and my eyes were covered with a surgical towel. I could hear the cutting (yuck), I'd recommend music in one ear with one open for instructions on when to open/close your mouth. Then I could feel some pressure and I knew when he sutured the mouth, but just bc it was obvious, not because it hurt. I had a lot of scar tissue to cut through because of repeated injections, but even then it only took 30 min maybe less!

Day 1 (hours after surgery)

This is my pic for 1 day post op (hours after the procedure)

Day 2 (day after surgery)

Feeling better today. Was worried about being sore, but didn't want to take the norco Dr. Harris prescribed because it makes me so sleepy and I have an early flight to catch home. I find my pain is well regulated by just alternating ibuprofen and tylenol every couple of hours or so.
Wore a floppy hat to the airport. Getting a lot of looks.Can't figure out if its because my lips are so fabulous or I look like I escaped my trainer. :)

Day 3

I still feel so swollen, but my lips are starting to calm down. Swelling on one side is uneven, but hopefully when I'm healed everything will be symmetrical.

Day 4&5

Everyday things get a little better

Day 6&7

Looking forward to my stitches dissolving. Will post a 14 day pic next.

Day 14

Results are looking good. Hoping I'm done with swelling, I like the results. I think it's important to note that I have asymmetry that shows up in my lips, dr. Harris purposely placed the top implant off center to make the larger side appear smaller, but it's still there a bit. I'll update at 1 month

Two week side views

Here is how my profile looks now.

follow-up is on Monday.

I pushed back my follow-up to 20 days post op. Today is day 18 and I'm finally getting the hang of my makeup. No more lining outside my natural lip :)

1 month update

Ok. This is a 1 month update. I just want to give a shout out to all the supportive members out there. Your confidence and supportive comments inspire me! I hope my review helps.

3 months post-op

Still very satisfied with surgical results so far. To compare to filler; I uploaded a pic of me on my wedding day in October of 2015. At that time I had been using filler for about 18 months and had gone through 4 syringes during that time.
Dr. Harris