Invisalign Is More Than Mere Costemics - Plano, TX

I am on the half-way point on a nearly one-year...

I am on the half-way point on a nearly one-year journey to realign my teeth. At this point, there is noticeable change in my outward appearance, as the teeth have moved appreciably, lessening my overbite and resulting weak chin.

But, the reason for doing Invisalign was not for vanity or cosmetic reasons, but rather, to correct a physical deficiency. My teeth were extremely over-crowded and resulted in me having a very small,improperly aligned bridge structure. The result is that I suffered from sleep apnea, as the tongue was crowded and couldn't lie flat between the too-narrow alignment of teeth. My airway passage was constricted and I ultimately had to have a heart procedure (ablation for afib) for my excessive heart rate (160BPS resting rate.) Left untreated , this could have resulted in a heart attack and death.

The better visage is the bonus, the ability to get a good night's sleep and live a healthier lifestyle is the real reason for the procedure.

Dr. Jopling was able to diagnose the cause and effect: improper teeth alignment leading to sleep apnea and resulting in a heart condition (afibrillation) that led to heart surgery.

VERY knowledgeable doctor.