Not Painless - Pittsburgh, PA

I got the Kybella treatment on Wednesday (it is...

I got the Kybella treatment on Wednesday (it is now Saturday), so it hasn't even been a week. I am 67 years old and I have had a double chin for about 10 years now. I only had a topical anaesthetic. On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain was a 5. 20 injections in all, burning, then aching. Now big swelling, but going down. My skin never turned yellow. I did not want 10 ml of lidocaine injected into my chin, so I opted for no lidocaine injections. The total volume injected was only 2 ml. Still, I still look like a bullfrog on day 3 after the procedure. Probably it will take longerto subside with an older woman, like me. If this is successful, the pain that I endured will seem very small. I was red under my chin for two days, then the redness went away. I also got tinnitus from the procedure, but that went away also. The area is still sensitive to the touch, there is a little numbness and it is still pretty big. I will go to work in 2 days, wearing a scarf around my neck to hide it. When I shake my head the neck part jiggles, like jello. I will continue to post to let you know how long it takes for a 67 year old to get back to "normal". Hopefully smaller than "normal".
Maria in Dr. Lazarro's office

Maria is an excellent nurse practitioner. The office is extremely clean and comfortable. Maria explained everything to me and showed me some before and after photos of employees in her establishment who had undergone the procedure. I know that I have to be patient. Maria told me that I was the first person who had gotten Kybella without the lidocaine injections - that I was guinea pig! That is OK. She is a darling and very assuring.