Left Gaping Hole Under my Butt - Pittsburgh, PA

Left with self confidence issues due to scars. Go...

Left with self confidence issues due to scars. Go to a highly qualified surgeon who has done this type of procedure hundreds of times and can explain to you what the scarring might look like before the procedure. Although my figure has improved, the bbl was not worth it due to the scars my surgeon left.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I went to Dr. Hurwitz a little over two years ago for abdominal lipo. He suggested a fat transfer to my butt and I agreed, because a curvy bottom was something I had thought about for a long time. However, allowing him to perform the fat transfer was a huge mistake. During my post op appointment, a nurse took my stitches out and I did not see the doctor at all. When I went home, I noticed that there was a gaping hole in my right leg under my butt. I was so bewildered. I did not understand why there would be such a huge incision for a simple fat transfer. I called the doctor and when I went to the office, he offered to fix the mistake. I agreed, but with such a large incision, I guess there was only so much he could do revision-wise. He sewed up my right leg under local anesthesia. During a follow up, I brought up my issue with the appearance of the scar under my right leg and he merely told me that I'm lucky because I have a butt that covers the scar. Almost three years later, I'm still left with these scars (pictured). I have tried countless scar creams. I have huge self esteem and intimacy issues that didn't exist before this procedure. It's hard for me to even walk around in a bathing suit. I would suggest that everyone seriously do their research and be meticulous about selecting a surgeon. I am in the process of consulting surgeons for a scar revision, which will cost thousands of dollars. The doctors that I have consulted also do not understand why the incision under my right leg was so large.