Doc Was Great; the Look is Just Not for Me - Pikesvile, MD

It takes over a week for duck lips to disappear...

It takes over a week for duck lips to disappear with very proactive measures. I didn't want anything outrageous; just to get rid of "smoker" lines above my upper lip and fix my "cupid's bow" where I had four little humps instead of two in my middle top lip. So I had Juvederm in lips and Botox above upper lip. Today is day 8, and I finally have normal looking lips that are only slightly sore. I had no bruising but a lot of initial swelling, including in my cheeks and chin and developed a cough and sinus congestion. My hindsight advice: Ice immediately and constantly! Alternate with occasional heat. If you can, ask for a Medrol dose pack and take Benadryl before bed along with your Medrol (prednisone). Drink lots of water beforehand and during healing (bodies depleted of water wont let go of excess fluid). Take Aleve or ibuprofen as soon and as often as possible along with the meds above (ask your doc first). I wiped my lips with witch hazel to dry out the excess swelling. I also drank black tea during days 5-8 and lost lots of water weight. Use Chapstick like crazy. I also squeezed and massaged my lips really hard (painful) and could actually hear and feel the water moving out of my lips. I used Dermablend foundation sold at Ulta to help disguise my temporary big lipped disfigurement. Day 8, and I can finally purse my lips, drink from a straw, and annunciate normally. I think I'll keep up with the Botox but will just use cinnamon or lip plumpers going forward. I don't want to look like I have two rubber inner tubes on my face, or look like I'm always smelling my fat top lip, or feel like my bottom lip is sagging. Everyone else likes them though.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

He's amazing. He and his wife are very caring professionals and gave me the option of having the stuff dissolved and even answered my early morning phone call 3 days in, when I was freaked out about my appearance. They reassured me through it and did a really amazing job. I just don't think that future lip injections are for me.