25 Yr Old Rhino - Bulbous Tip and Dorsal Hump - Phoenix, AZ

I've just recently actually been considering...

I've just recently actually been considering getting a nose job. I've never liked my nose but never thought about rhinoplasty. I always look in the mirror in low lighting and have to delete 80% of the pics I'm in because my nose looks so big. I have a relative who just had their extreme overbite corrected. They look like their normal self but just a more polished/better looking version. Seeing their slight transformation make such a difference really inspired me. I went to several drs in the valley and was not impressed with either the cost or the practice/dr. The only thing that is holding me back is that I am scared how it will turn out and as well it is a lot of money and want it to be worth it. I don't want it to look overdone or come out looking like not enough of an improvement. I really feel like getting a rhinoplasty will help boost my confidence.

I did it!

It's been 5 days since my surgery. I'm worried about the bulbous tip not being changed much but it's impossible to tell since the cast is still on and there's swelling

More photos

Pain level: little to none. I've only taken half a pain pill a few times and Tylenol here and there

Discomfort: extreme in throat - my uvula & tonsils were and still are very swollen. Very difficult to breath and drink (liquids, Apple sauce, watered down pudding, soup base). Day 4 I was finally able to eat solid food for dinner in tiny portions. If the same thing happens to you be prepared to go a bit crazy feeling like you have several pills stuck in your throat.

Cast removed 1 wk post op

Got the cast removed today yay! It was painful because of the adhesive.

Same day cast removal - adhesive removed

2 wks post op

Very dry skin. I read online that the tip takes the longest for the swelling to go down.. Hoping this applies to me in that the tip is still swollen not how it will be already. Nose has been a bit stuffy this week. It was difficult to go back to work. I did have one person who noticed right away. When I talk I sound like I'm stuffed up. I'm able to move my upper lip a bit more.

4 weeks post-op

Went to the doctor for post-op appointment. He said that my nose should not be this swollen and that I am overdoing it. I can feel a throbbing sensation in my nose when I walk too fast or lift certain things. When I touch the tip of my nose it feels very hard the doctor explained that is the fluid that's built up and causing swelling.

5 weeks post-op

Trying to keep the swelling down... Not doing a good job on low salt diet. Still wish this tip wasn't so bulbous but it'll be a while I imagine.. Am scared swelling in tip won't go down much more

6 wks post-op

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I saw 5 different plastic surgeons around the valley to see about rhinoplasty. All but one seemed to specialize in boob jobs over nose jobs. The one that specialized in nose jobs was in North Scottsdale but seemed shady. Dr Meger was one of the drs that seemed to specialize in boob jobs over nose. At first I was concerned about not having a Dr that specializes in nose jobs. The fact that Dr Meger is board certified and took his time with me two times to discuss a potentially rhinoplasty sold me. He seemed very knowledgeable and didn't rush me. It's still very early on after surgery but I truly think Dr Meger is a skilled plastic surgeon for noses. The results look completely natural.