Alarplasty and open tipplasty at Beverly Hills Medical Group Manila, Philippines

After being insecure I finally decided to have...

After being insecure I finally decided to have rhinoplasty with the full support of my fiancé. I went to a well known clinic in Manila that a few of my family members have gone to as well. I actually had an alarplasty procedure with bulbous tip defattening. The procedure was done under local anasthetic so I was awake the whole time. It was quite scary but I didn't feel any pain and the surgeon and nurses were quite comforting. The procedure in total was around 2 1/2 hrs with no complications.

Before photos

This is my nose before the operation, it's quite wide and bulbous!

Few hours post-op

This is a photo 2 hrs post operation. Feeling quite numb and heavy headed. I was awake during my procedure and could feel the surgeon tugging on my nose although there was no pain.....rather scary though. Operation went smoothly, I started to get a bit of anxiety leading up to the surgery room but the drugs helped me feel at ease after a while. Music was playing in the background the whole time, I suppose that's how they do it in the Philippines? It wasn't long after my surgery I was able to go home since it was local anaesthesia. Since I'm half Filipino the doctor told me I have thick Asian skin and it could take up to 1yr to 100% see the results after the swelling goes down.

Day After Operation

The following day of my operation I was getting a lot of rest (sitting up.) I woke up with a really oily face and feeling pretty heavy headed. I'm on antibiotics and pain killers and spending my day watching cartoons in a hotel room. The pain post-op isn't as bad as I thought it would be, just feeling more discomfort and tiredness then anything else. My nose looks like it's swelling up more, as it is to be expected anyway.

Swollen and ugly

A few days after the procedure and I've been feeling quite sick. I had diarrhoea and vomitted once. The stitches were taken out and I have to maintain cleaning in and around the nose. My nose actually looks quite ugly and big but I'm trying not to be disheartened as I knew I would have bad swelling due to my Asian heritage (thick skin.)

25 days post op & so far so good!

My nose is 25 days post op and although I know there's a lot of swelling to go down I'm really happy with what I'm seeing. Just this morning, though, there's been more swelling in my left nostril then the right but I'm not alarmed. I live in the Australian outback so I feel the swelling would take longer then usual due to the often 40 degrees celcius and above heat.

25 Days post op

Dr Edwin Del Rosario

Dr Del Rosario was quite nice, informative and seemed to understand what I wanted in my surgery. The nurses were all lovely and kind. My entire experience with Beverly Hills Medical Group was pleasant and I am glad I chose them as my clinic.