Asian Rhinoplasty Review (Revision) in the Philippines

So I don't know whether to consider this a...

So I don't know whether to consider this a revision or a virgin case but my next doctor had to start off from scratch from what my previous doctor had done.

I've always had a big, bulky nose with flared alars and a fat tip. Last year, I decided to have a nosejob from my previous Doctor, who was a friend of my mother's friend. During the consultation, he told me that he would put a silicon bridge to give it more height, and cut my alars. He mentioned that my tip was too thick and theres nothing to be done about it. I never knew what tip plasty was and researched about the procedures as I was so hyped up about getting my first over major makeover. He also gave me a big discount which added to my hype.

Fast forward to more than a year later, my bulky nose is STILL bulky, and my alars were just slightly trimmed --- and uneven. He used an L- shaped silicone implant, which I had to research on my own since he never gave me any details of my rhinoplasty.

I decided to have a revision with Dr. Eric Yapjuangco. I saw his name on forums and checked his works on instagram and his website. I knew he was perfect for the job since he has created some really good works and I'm guessing they differ on the patient/client. Some of the noses he did look "natural", and some are really amazing makeovers. I knew he was the doctor for me since I wanted something more than natural.

I had my operation last Sept 24, 2015. The operation lasted for almost 4 hours, under local anesthesia. I wouldn't weigh it as the most uncomfortable 3 hours of my life, but it was an uncomfortable experience. BUT talking to the doctor during the operation helped me cope! It made me go through the experience better.

I am now 6 days post op and will continue to update this.

Today, I had the stitches removed. Scheduled to go back next week so they can remove the inner stitches.

I've been reading a lot about goretex infection and I kinda spooked myself out when I saw a red part on my bridge. Turns out it was from last night when I was taping my nose. (Whew)

So far so good. I am loving my new nose. It is still swelling right now but I can already see a huge difference even with the alars only. I'm excited for more changes. Will head back to work in a mask though.

I love my nose so far. Though the tip is still very hard. I Hope it'll get smaller. Sometimes the area's where there had been incisions get very ticklish. Trying hardest to not scratch. I already bought a scar gel for the alar scars.

1 month 2 days post op

I'm so happy with my nose! I've been using contractubex for the alar scars now since it has better reviews than dermatix. Though the tip still feels very swollen and hard, I'm very excited about the final outcome.

1 month 3 days post op

I am up for another revision later tonight. I havent visited the good doctor until a week ago and he was the one who told me he can make it better. ---and its for FREE. I have never felt more at home and comfortable in this clinic.

I am already somewhat happy w my nose but my alar scars are just dreadful and the stitch holes are VERY obvious. Probably because I have very thick skin and very acne prone. He also said he can make the tip thinner. I am very happy with the offers and excited as well.

I had surgery last Tuesday at 1am and finished at 4am but I woke up at 6am. They opted to give me Gen Anesthesia so I was feeling really sick and groggy when I woke up. I was vomiting a lot of blood from 6-10am. And had the worst chills ever. But after 10am I felt mich better and drank Gatorade cause I felt weak from dehydration.

Fast forward to POD3--- Everything seems better. I did not bruise THAT MUCH NOR swell and puff that bad. Doc Eric didnt cut my alars which I wondered why because that had been my problem: because of the scars. He explained during my follow up yesterday that he was worried my alars might get smaller thats why he didnt do an incision, which is Okay with me. Will just probably do fraxxel or something from his Derma.

He fixed my bridge and tip again, btw. Im kinda excited ? cast of in 2 days.
Dr. Eric Yapjuangco