43 Year Old Mom, Mother of 6 - Philadelphia, PA

Much like everyone else I have battled with my...

Much like everyone else I have battled with my weight for some time now. I think I hit my highest weight and got to the breaking point. This is not my first time considering this and just wasn't ready but now I'm ready. My husband and a select few friends have become my biggest supporters and it feels great.

Things are moving in the right direction

I am now 3 days post op and feeling good. I have followed my doctors instructions from the beginning and it shows. I am prayerful that today will be even better for me. I have ditched the pain medication and just rely on a crushed Tylenol if needed. I have never been one to take pain meds and I figured why start now. I am finding its little difficult to get comfortable in the bed at night. I usually slept on my stomach and not sure if or when I can resume my favorite sleeping position. I am scheduled to see my doctor Friday so I will just keep a running tab of questions. I can't day it enough how excited I am to take back control of my life.

My starting weight was 282
My weight day of surgery was 258

A little tired but still encouraged

So today I am 7 days post-op and I still feel great about my decision. I have my one week visit tomorrow and I am looking forward to being escalated to the next stage. I hope that with this next stage my energy will increase. I thought I would never make it this far but this has been a walk in the park even with cooking dinner for my family. Not once was I tempted to taste test nor did I have and desire to and that was great!! Oh and did I mention I kicked the pain meds by day three.

Ten days post-op

I am adjusting pretty well to my new life style. I am on the full liquid phase and that's going well. Ian finally able to sleep through the night and that feels GREAT!! However,bathe area around my incision is itching like CRAZY and suggestions on how to relieve this?

18 days post-op

So things are still going well for me. I am 18 days post-op and feeling GREAT! I was able to return to work with very little discomfort. I must say that although I am not hungry I am getting the feeling that I need to chew but I have remained strong and resisted temptation. I will be so happy when I can graduate my diet to soft foods.

My race my pace!

So I've made it a point to make sure I'm getting my walking in everyday. Some days are better then others but I'm determined to WIN!!!

Enjoying ME!

Dr Rohit Soans

The offic was wonderful. The staff was helpful and very knowledgable. Dr Soans was is the best. His positive attitude and terrific bed side manner is great!