Fat Grafting by Dr. Wilson - Philadelphia, PA

I have been unhappy with my lips since I was a...

I have been unhappy with my lips since I was a child. I have a very thin, hardly visible upper lip and a very thin lower lip. I have had two very extensive jaw surgeries in an attempt to move my maxilla forward and add a bit more dimension to my upper lip/zygomatic area (SARPE, La Forte I), but was still unhappy with my lips following the procedures. I had a lot friends that were already seeing Dr. Wilson for various fillers/botox, and he came very highly recommended. During our initial conversations, Dr. Wilson discussed many different treatment options, and was very transparent about the advantages and disadvantages of each of them. I knew I would need a significant amount of filler, and also didn't want to have to be in an office every 6 months or so to maintain some of the more temporary solutions. Dr. Wilson had presented fat grafting as a more long-term although not permanent solution, and one that would yield a very natural result. During our initial conversation, he even injected some temporary fillers in my upper and lower lip, just so I could get a better understanding of the changes I could anticipate with my fat transfer. Dr. Wilson takes a conservative approach to the transfer process, working progressively towards your vision while maintaining consistent, thoughtful dialogue about your satisfaction so that you end up with results that are even better than you initially envisioned. When discussing longer-lasting, semi-permenant filler options, it is imperative to work with a surgeon that adheres to this conservative approach, and I cannot thank Dr. Wilson enough for showing careful restraint in his pursuit of my final result. Dr. Wilson performed a total of 4 fat transfers for me, harvesting fat from my posterior hip/love handle area for all four. I feel it is a very natural, but a drastic improvement from my (pre-transfer) lip, and am beyond thrilled with my results!
Dr. Anthony Wilson