Dysport Review

Had dysport on May 23, 2016 by my dermatologists....

Had dysport on May 23, 2016 by my dermatologists. Loved it. No side effects and it looked great. Wore off and had it again on October 21st, 2016. Same doctor. Same amount in the forehead. Totally different experience. For starters my eyebrows are now flat. It makes me look mad and depressed but that has been the least of my worries. It started out with extreme fatigue! Barely able to stand for 5-10 minutes. Then came the stomach issues. Constant diarrhea. Next came the brain fog. The brain fog has been without a doubt the worst. Made me feel as if I wasn't even the person. Like every day was a dream. That last for two weeks. Loss of appetite. That seems to be coming back now as well as I am now three weeks out. I contacted my dermotogist and they had me come in. She told me there was "no way" that this is was due to the dysport. That I must be having some anxiety and to contact my PCP. She even had the nerve to ask me if I wanted more dysport to lift my brows. I told her absolutely not. I went to my PCP desperate for an answer. She called my dermatologists and said exactly what she has told me. Anxiety. And then gave me Xanax and told me to follow up with a psychiatrist. I work for doctors and the one doctor notice a change in me and approached me. I told her everything and she referred me to a board certified plastic surgeon who confirmed that this is definitely a result of her accidentally injecting dysport into my blood stream. He told me that my only option is to wait it out and allow it to leave my system. Each day I have been starting to feel better. Two weeks ago I was unable to get out of bed and I felt as is if I was going to die. Sweating and trembling. I am now forcing myself to eat as much protein as possible to build up my energy and drink as much water as possible to help flush my body. The surgeon told me there was nothing I could do to speed this up but to keep healthy until then. Walks and sunlight seem to help and keeping a positive mindset. Not staying in bed also helps my mind. I was severely depressed before speaking to a doctor that told me the truth. I considered committing suicide and would not accept that I just one day woke up with depression and anxiety. I am a happy person who sometimes gets stressed. I was insulted that no one took me serious and it took a trip to the ER and three doctors later to have an answer. I try not to read too much into other people who have yet to recover from this after year bc I feel that does nothing good for my particular situation. I'm taking this one day at a time and surranding myself with happy supportive people that I feel safe around. I beat myself up over this and can't believe I did this to myself. I'm and all natural type of person who was insecure about forehead wrinkles and decided to put the most unnatural substance into my body. I can't turn back the hands of time and have to accept this and fight through it. I get mild headaches and some neck and back tension. My throat has been acting up the past few nights and I keep feeling as if I'm getting a chest cold. I have already come a long way these past few weeks and will continue to get better. Please try and keep the replies positive as I believe that is going to be my strongest medicine against this!
Dr. Deidre Wood (boulevard dermatology)