Genioplasty with Dr Watts - Perth, AU

Originally I thought I was completely nuts to be...

Originally I thought I was completely nuts to be looking into this procedure but I have always been extremely conscious of my side profile and hated it when photos were taken from that angle. After almost two years of internet research and reading experiences on Realself, I decided to take the plunge and get the surgery done.
I researched almost all the doctors in Australia who did this procedure and after a couple of consults, I felt most comfortable with Dr. Watts. I wanted to travel away from my home city as it's a small place and I wasn't ready to let the world know I was getting the procedure done.
Being an interstate patient, I had all of my planning appointments with Dr. Watts via Skype. It obviously isn't the same as consults in person, but it just wasn't affordable for me to travel to Perth for these appointments. I was very impressed with his knowledge and expertise and was more impressed by the fact that I didn't feel pressured into anything and I knew all of my options before going ahead with the procedure. Throughout the planning process, Dr. Watts was sent me several pictures of what he could likely achieve and I even got 3D imaging done so he manipulate the bones and get a more realistic idea of what I would look like after the procedure.
When it came time to have the surgery, I flew to Perth and had a pre-op consult with Dr. Watts two days before my surgery to finalise everything. Needless to say, I was absolutely terrified but Dr. Watts made sure we discussed my fears and was very supportive.
The day of my surgery is a bit of a blur to be honest. I arrived at the hospital and before I knew it, I was in my gown waiting for Dr. Watts. He saw me again before the surgery to reassure me and have a chat about things. The nurse then escorted me to theatre and that's about all I remember.
I woke up post-op surrounded by lovely nurses who were all fussing around to make sure I was alright. Dr. Watts came and saw me again too. I still felt very foggy.
My recovery both immediately after the surgery and in the weeks following were a breeze (also thanks to Ashe for a beautiful post-op care package!). I had very mild pain but some pretty epic swelling and bruising. Dr. Watts kept in very regular contact with me and even gave me his mobile number to call at any time if I had any concerns. I saw him once post-operatively before flying home but had received regular phonecalls to check how I was going in between.
I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I was very worried that it would be too obvious to my friends and family and I have read some real horror stories on this website! I could not be happier with my result though.
I can't say how grateful I am for Dr. Watts. Throughout the entire process, I felt cared for and well looked after. All my questions were answered and I didn't feel like I was being pressured into anything. For anybody who is considering Dr. Watts as their surgeon, I would highly recommend him. I could not have asked for a better outcome and I am thrilled with my results!

I am so thrilled that I chose Dr. Watts to do my procedure. He was very caring and made sure I felt well supported throughout the entire process. I felt I knew all my options before agreeing to go ahead with the surgery. Being an interstate patient, all my consultations were via skype but I didn't feel like this was a hindrance at all. Even on the occasional day when the internet was questionable, he still called to ensure we finished the consult and all my questions were answered. I was 100% sure I was working with the right surgeon. It's been nearly 3 months now since my operation and he is still following up with me to ensure I am happy and haven't had any issues. He is an incredibly skilled and meticulous surgeon and if you are considering him as your surgeon, I would 100% recommend him.