Revision Rhinoplasty. Perth, AU

After years of researching surgeons who specialize...

After years of researching surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty, I came up with a handful of people including Dr Imani. I am so thankful that I found him!

In 2008 I had my primary rhinoplasty (tip work and Alar base reduction) with another surgeon who had a good reputation and also practiced cosmetic surgery on the body. After the cast was removed my nose seemed lopsided, however I was told it was due to swelling and it would disappear with time. I knew no better at the time. Fast forward 8 years and the swelling did reduce although I was still left with the same lopsided nose. The tip had now progressively drooped, cartilage had collapsed in a few places & my septum deviated causing severe nasal obstruction contributing to ear pain. Gp's were diagnosing me with everything from allergies to ear infections, all of which I knew was incorrect. I now know that the original surgeon had removed cartilage without providing scaffolding support which is what caused my problems to slowly develop. I now also know that rhinoplasty is considered one of the most difficult, precise & delicate plastic surgery procedures, therefore it's best in the hands of someone who specializes in rhinoplasty / ent as opposed to a surgeon who practises all cosmetic procedures.

Around 2013 I consulted another perth plastic surgeon / ent specialist, who told me that there was nothing any surgeon could do to fix my nose except give me a series of nasal steroid injections & fillers to change the appearance slightly. He said my expectations were unrealistic, that he was the expert and that was my only option.

I persisted in my search and finally I narrowed my choice down to two facial plastic surgeons who are rhinoplasty specialists/ ent specialists in perth. After visiting with Dr imani I immediately stopped searching due to his professionalism, honesty and thoroughness. He took the time to slowly answer all of my questions in precise detail like I was intelligent enough to understand him without joking “that's for me to worry about, not you” like the second surgeon had said whilst he rushed back & forth between me and another patient. Dr Imani was the only surgeon who I felt actually listened to me and as though we were on the same page. I was personally going through a particularly difficult time and I found Dr Imani very calm, kind and solid in the way he spoke. He said he sees a lot of difficult revision cases. All surgeons that I consulted, except Dr Imani, only could show me post operative pictures that required predominantly profile /hump work instead of mainly tip refinement, which is what I needed. For all of these reasons I knew I could trust dr Imani’s skill.

I am now 6 weeks post op (rhinoplasty, septoplasty, turbinoplasty) with much less swelling than my primary operation and i experienced no bruising. I had a few bleeding issues in hospital after I returned from recovery but Dr Imani visited me in my room to stop the bleeding and reassure me that everything went well. Unlike other reviews I've read, I did find the first 1-3 weeks of recovery rather difficult. However, I can now breathe completely for the first time in years and all of my other ent issues have completely disappeared. I can clearly see the difference in the shape of my new nose, despite the swelling; it's now straight, more delicate and feminine. My nose is no longer an awkward feature of my face.

On a side note, I have since discovered his skincare range (vitamin c serum is the best I've tried). He has also corrected my uneven eyebrows, after years of Botox at a much cheaper clinic. I will now go to no one but Dr Imani for any work on my face. I'm forever grateful for all of Dr imani's hard work and dedication to his work & patients, although no words can match my genuine appreciation. He is a true artist!

I hope this review helps someone avoid a revision rhinoplasty in the first place. If I had listened to the gp’s and surgeons I saw before Dr Imani, I would've taken a lot of unnecessary medication & injections and still had the same functional issues. So please do your own thorough research on both the procedure & surgeon.

All the best with your surgeries.