Revision Rhinoplasty Dr. Buckspan - Austin, TX

8/9/2016 First of all let me say that Priscilla...

First of all let me say that Priscilla (one of my favorite nurses at Personique) & Dr. Buckspan were very kind during my visit. This is my second experience with Dr. Buckspan (this one was for a revision rhinoplasty). Dr. Buckspan was polite and accessible during my visits but unfortunately because of my overall experience I doubt I will be returning again.

I had three major issues that I was not content with during my experience

1) The place in which you go to take the blood tests done is filled with a staff of discourteous and clearly disgruntled employees. One of the receptionists in the front (unfortunately I didn't catch her name) actually snapped her fingers at me. I know Personique cannot be held at fault for this but it is associated with the overall experience...

2) The staff at Personique returned me after surgery without properly cleaning my face (I had dried blood spattered all over my cheeks)

3) I'm not sure how but my nose had a lesion which appeared like a burnt after the cast fell off. The doctor assured me that it was due to compression. But I know sometimes the cast or the adhesive placed inside the cast is heated before applying. Nonetheless it was rather negligent by their part whether it was due to compression or heat. This is a major complaint considering I have to show up to work and I am a very private person. Now I have to explain why I have crusted lesions on my nose. Yes eventually these crusted lesions left small dented scars.

4) When I came in to take off my stitches my face had a gauze and I was made to wait in the same waiting room as guests who are awaiting consultations. I feel that whenever possible patients with bandages, casts, etc on their face should wait in a more private area

It is now 6 months after my surgery and I am unhappy with the aesthetics as well as the functionality of my nose. One nostril appears higher than the other, my nose appears dented, twisted, and I also have breathing problems. I will be seeing another specialist in Austin later in the future because of these issues
Austin Plastic Surgeon