(Male, 19) 5 Units of Botox in Depressor Nasii Septi to Elevate Nose Tip, No Difference - Perrysburg, OH

I've been getting botox regularly (every 3 months)...

I've been getting botox regularly (every 3 months) in my forehead to iron out my expression lines and in my left eyebrow to lower it (see my other review). Both worked wonderfully and the process was so simple, quick, and pain free, that when I heard about raising the nasal tip with botox I was super excited. I've always disliked the low radix, hump, and drooping of my nose, and the thought of surgery is understandably pretty scary. I decided to call ahead of my normally scheduled botox appointment to add in a consultation and the actual procedure to the appointment.

I arrived an hour early to the appointment so the nurse could apply the numbing cream and waited until the actual appointment. After the numbing cream was wiped off my dermatologist inspected my nose. I was considered a good candidate for the procedure because my nose drooped mostly when I smiled. I WAS informed that each person reacted differently to botox in the depressor nasii septi. She said my nasal tip could either stay the same, stop drooping when I smile only, or stop drooping entirely. I was always warned that the procedure would "hurt like hell!" No pain no gain though.

During the actual procedure I was laid down on the chair so she could better access the two muscles underneath my nose. I did not feel anything during the actual procedure, it did not hurt at all. But keep in mind that I just had my wisdom teeth removed 3 days prior, and I was on percocet and tylenol with codeine, not to mention the numbing cream. No wonder I didn't feel anything! That's also why, in the before pictures, my face appears a bit swollen.

As usual, the effects of botox can be seen 5 days after treatment and are in full effect 2 weeks after treatment. Again, I was warned that there could either be no difference, difference when I smile only, or difference all the time. Unfortunately, come 2 weeks, and I see no difference at all. Once again, this was no fault of my dermatologist or botox itself, but rather just the complexity and unpredictability of human anatomy.

I would advise anybody considering this procedure to go for it, but for me personally, it was not worth it. However, I would never have known it wouldn't work if I didn't try it. So there's that. Just know that it does not work for everybody, and not to expect too much of a change. Stay realistic as always. I'll most likely go back and get my radix and bump smoothed out with some sort of filler, or see if I can up the amount of botox to create some sort of notable difference. I'll continue to get botox in my forehead and left eyebrow as it does wonders. :)
Dr. Sarah Stierman