Chin Implant, Rhinoplasty - Pensacola, FL

Chin Implant by Derek Jones was the worst decision...

Chin Implant by Derek Jones was the worst decision of my life. Placed implant directly on mental nerve, resulting in most excruciating pain I have ever felt, facial paralysis, permanent lymphedema, permanent nerve paralysis, trigeminal neuralgia, permanent numbness, burning mouth syndrome, osteomyelitis. 4 months postoperative still in excruciating pain, with lymphedema, lip and facial paralysis, synkinesia, and lower lip 90% inverted inside mouth. Refused to remove implant despite me begging him for months. Finally removed after 4 months of agony after I demanded all my records. Used a vertical incision from my lip down to original horizontal incision that has never stopped burning. Chin, lip, and mandible still excruciating after 2.5 years. Finally found M.D. who diagnosed osteomyelitis after 2 years of agony. Chin and lip are ruined with scar tissue, lymphedema and dents. Smile asymmetrical due to permanent nerve damage. Rhinoplasty turned out fine from esthetic standpoint, but so much tissue removed that my nasal cavity is twice as large as normal. Can never breathe warm air because internal openings too wide to humidify air before it reaches my throat and lungs. All findings verified by independent physicians. Dr. Jones never called once to check on me nor did he appear to believe my symptoms, as noted in his office notes. Totally abandoned post-op from a diagnostic standpoint. Never even took an X-ray. Had his office assistant call me to tell me I should take Lyrica and listen to the doctor, even though I had already tried it 2 months previously with no relief. An ordeal that has left me with no faith in the medical community. I had to retire from high paying job because I could not function because of excruciating pain and inability to speak all day because of permanent lymphedema in lower lip and inside mouth. Too embarrassed by appearance to post photos.
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

M.D. is very charming and personable, but refused to believe any of my symptoms even though I am a medical professional with 40 years of hospital experience. He even laughed at my last appointment saying that maybe the chin implant was not a good idea. He never admitted to placing the implant on the mental nerve, never offered me anything for pain except Lyrica, refused to remove implant for 4 months. I explained to him that the pain felt like having root canals on all lower left teeth without anesthesia 24 hours a day x 4 months. His response was that removing the implant would probably not relieve the pain. I had to retire early from my career because i could not function with the pain, and the lymphedema made talking impossible.