Was It Worth It I Hope So! - Pennsylvania

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had a full t/t and a breast lift with silicone...

I had a full t/t and a breast lift with silicone implants on 1/28/11. I had a hard time waking up from the anthesia and then my lungs were not working right and they couldn't wake me up for a long time. I was suppose to be an out patient but I ended up being in the hospital for 2 days and the 3rd day a nurse stayed at my house. I didn not feel well from that whole expierince. I was just thankful that is was over and by the 5th day I started to feel much better!

I took off 2 weeks from work to recover. I sit so when I went back to work I was fine. If I had to stand I would have stayed home 3 weeks. From that point on I felt great. I got amillion compliments and looked great in my clothes.

As the months went on I noticed that under my implants they were rippling a little bit and they were small. I still wasn't able to fill out my bathing suit top and sun dresses. I was really dissappointed with the way they turned out. Also my tummy under the belly button never got completley flat. Eash month I went to the Dr and he said my bell would go down. He tried with a large needl to remove fluid. It wasn't a fluid build up there was nothing in the syringe. I did look much better in my clothes but I was not happy with the way I looked naked. I finally said something to the dr. I told him I was dissappointe with the results at the 6 month point. We had a long discussion and he said that he would replace my implants and do another tummy tuc, not as extensive. He was going to tighten the muscle and do a little lipo. My belly button looked great so he didn't touch the top area. He said it wouldn't be as painful but there would be pain.

At first I was going to have to pay for the anestecioligist and the implants. The dr said it would take about 3hrs in the O R. I told him I couldn't afford to pay any more money after spending the 10,000. It was going to cost me about $2,500.00 I told him I couldnt afford it and couldn't come up with the money for the revision surgery. A few days went by and he called me to let e know that he wanted me to have perfect results. He wanted me to be happy. He made the decision to pay for everything. The implant co did supply the new implants for no charge. The dr pd the O R cost and the insurance. I thought he showed so much integrity. I was thrilled.

So on Tues I had the revision suregery. The implants went from 250CC to 375cc's. He did the t/t too and didn alittle lipo on the hips and the mon area. I thought it would be much easier. This time it was at the Lankenau hospital. The anesticialogist was much better. We had a long discussionand he said he would not let that happen to my lungs and I would wake up much faster this time.

He was right about everything. I fell so much better in the recovery room At first I was admitted to stay over. That evening when the dr came in I told him I felt pretty good and wanted to go home, so I did. I was pretty good that first night Tues. At some point in the middle of the night the pain was very intense. I had tears in my eyes. I feel like it's been more painful this second time around. I have 2 drains instead of 3. I was all taped under the garment and the tape was killing me.

The P A came to my house yester and tonight. She said it hurts more this time because I'm much more alert. I don't know why but It is just as painful this time or maybe even more. I go to the dr on Wed. I am lucky that the PA comes to my house and checks on me. I have a tight garment on around my waist and a tight bra. The tape wss killing me so they removed it tonight. I'm just really in alot of pain still . I have a fentinol patch and amd taking dalaudid valium kflex and anti nausia. With all that I am still hurting. I know each day will get better. I already had a peek at my breasts and they look great! My tummy seems much flatter but I am still bound. The drains won't come out for 7 to 10days.

I will post pictues as soon as I upload them .

With everything I have been going through I still think it was worth it. I am 57 and I should have done this 20 yrs ago. I look like I'm in my 40's and work out and will continue to when I get the ok in about a month. I love the way I look now. The surgery gave me back my self esteem. I feel sexy and I feel like a woman again. Can't wait for all the bandages and garments come off. I don't know how I am going to hide them under my clothes when I go back to work on Tuesday. I hope I am much better by then because the first time I took off 2 weeks and this time it's only going to be a week. Time will tell how I do.

Name not provided

My doctor has a woderful and compassionate bed side manner. He showed so much integrity after I wasn't completley satisfied the first time. I have recommended him to my friends. He treated me like a relative. He is taking great care of me!!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful