Mini Tummy Tuck for Mommy of 3 - Pasadena, CA

I am a young mother I started having kids at 19. I...

I am a young mother I started having kids at 19. I haven't worn a bikini since I was 18 years old. Looking in the mirror after 3 c sections I was less than happy about my belly. So finally I have decided to get rid of my spare tire. I am very pleased that Dr. Lakshman is preforming my mini tummy tuck. Dr. Lakshman answered all of my questions and concerns. He is very personable and warm which put me at ease. He was honest and understood that I wanted to wear a bikini again.
Day 1 post op mini tummy tuck. I have been hunched over like a little old lady when ambulatory. I have pretty much been confined to the bed. I have been emptying the drains and wearing my abdominal binder since surgery.
I will say that it has been quite difficult and I have been very dependent on my husband (my angel). My post op appointment is a week from Monday.
I will attempt to tackle showering Wednesday ???? update how that went.

Day 3 Post Mini Tummy Tuck

Uncomfortable and pressure. My mother made me laugh the worst pain ever ????????. I've been laying in bed and sitting on the couch nothing major. Excited to see what's under this binder once I shower tonight.

Mini tummy tuck site without the ABD binder

Okay so I have taken off the abdominal binder this evening in preparation for The shower...cues dramatic music. ????????????. I notice a lot of swelling but what is gone is my pooch. I'm excited and happy. I'm still taking the Milk of Magnesia with hopes of pooping soon. ???????????? I'm learning it's one day at a time however I'm enjoying the pampering portion. I was able to move around a lot more today, which has been nice. My fluid from my drainage is clearing (less so blood). I am noticing more drainage from one side then the other. I am in no rush to take off the dressing and if I can I will try to maintain until my first appointment. All in all everything has been progressing nicely.

Shower time

First shower and I am excited. With help I have been wrapped in plastic wraps with hop3s of keeping the dressing dry. I did not remove the initial dressing because I honestly feel like it's securing everything in place. Lol. In my mind if it come off I might fall apart (joking). I will remove it if the dressing loses integrity or is unclean. So onto showering my husband assisted. I used a hair scarf to clip drains onto and we took turns holding them. Once in the shower I noticed water penetrated my plastic wrap ???????????? so it has its disadvantages. After removing the plastic I was able to pay dry the dressing which was only damp. I feel 110 times better and fresh. So plastic wrap is 50/50.

Day 5 Post Mini tummy tuck

I have been able to stand straight up today and moved out of bed (well rolled out by myself). What was new was the muscle spasms after resting. My abdomen has been a little jumpy. Pain is more tension and discomfort from the tightness my waist is looking very snatched. My breast and butt appear bigger, which makes me happy. I have been eating very well balanced meals and healthy snacks. I will post again once I see Dr. Lakshman for follow up. ????

Drains out!!! ????????????????

I'm 100% happy that my drains are out. I'm able to move around. Its crazy what a difference the drains make. I advise waiting to speak with your surgeon concerning post op garment and after care. I bought a bunch of stuff I seen online however. DR. LAKSHMAN did not recommend most of it. Lol. So please check with your doctor before impulse buying lol????????????. I'm returning a garment that I bought and will purchase the one he offers. I'm going to post pics later.

Mini Tummy tuck with out drains ????

I am still a work in progress, however my FUPA is gone ????! I'm still swollen and there is a lot of tension. The anxiety of pulling or yanking my tubes are GONE. I'm excited seeing myself in a light that I haven't in 9 years. I'm almost ready to go shopping for lingerie and bikinis ????????????????. I've been uncomfortable and alot of tension since surgery. So I am learning to listen to my body and take a little more time off. All in all I'm happy with the outcome so far. Super thankful for Dr. Lakshman skill and expertise. ????
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lakshman answered all of my questions, has great bedside manner, funny, and will put you right at ease.