MiraDry Miracle, I Have No More Arm Pit Sweat - Palo Alto, CA

I have always hated how much I sweat in my arm...

I have always hated how much I sweat in my arm pits. I'm otherwise a pretty put-together person, but I do a lot of running around with my job and my kids, and I'm so embarrassed by my arm pit sweat stains. My arm pit sweat stains my work clothes, my work-out clothes, even my fancy clothes. I heard about a new procedure called miraDry from a friend, then learned that the doctors at Duet Plastic Surgery are performing it. I actually had surgery by them a few years ago, and had an amazingly positive experience with these doctors, so I decided to go to them for miraDry.
It was a breeze. Dr. Lim measured my armpits with this special clear plastic tool. Then, she both sides with medicine. The only thing I really felt through the whole procedure was the initial poke of the small needle to first place the numbing medicine. Once that poke was over, I felt nothing. After the numbing medicine went in, Gigi did the laser. She was great, so comfortable with the machine, and it went perfectly. It does take a few minutes, about 20 minutes per armpit. But it didn't hurt at all. In fact, I brought music with me and just chilled during the procedure. When she was done, I iced for a few minutes, and left with ice packs.
I was very, very numb in my armpits for a couple of hours. I was also pretty puffy for the first day. That night, I took some motrin and, once the numbing medicine wore off, I did feel a little bit of aching. It was not too bad, but I was sore. By the next day, I was still a bit puffy but not sore any more.
Today, I am day 2 after the procedure, and I'm much less puffy. I went to the gym this morning, worked out and guess what? NO PIT STAINS! I DID NOT sweat in my arm pits! I don't smell sweaty at all and I feel great. I am so glad I did this. And the bonus is that apparently the hair doesn't grow back! I shaved 2 days before the procedure, and I've definitely had no new hair growth since then. So no sweat, less hair, minimal discomfort, I am really happy.

9 days after procedure

I am so happy. My arm pits hardly sweat and I haven't worn antiperspirant since the procedure. I have been working out normally and checking - I would say that there is just the tiniest faintest amount of sweat when I'm working out hard. The hair growth is much less too. I've shaved once in the last 2 weeks. I have no soreness at all and all my swelling is gone. This was a great choice for me.
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Calm, comfortable, takes her time to answer all questions, a perfectionist. This is the only practice I will go to for my aesthetic surgery needs.