Giving miradry a Try!

First of all, let me just admit it. I'm addicted...

First of all, let me just admit it. I'm addicted to this site! It's so informative and REAL! So the last 2 years I noticed I was sweating a lot in my underarms. I went from regular deodorant, once a day, after my shower and being done with it. Nowadays, I slather on extra strength deodorant after my shower and in the afternoon with several underarm towel pat downs throughout my workday and STILL sweating through my cute tops. My wardrobe selection has dwindled down to black, patterned, sleeveless, loose-fitting tops. My wuality of life was suffering, so I started researching botox shots and found miradry on here. I knew I had to do it! And after reading all the great reviews here, I made my appt with Dr. Weintraub at Duet Plastic Surgery. After a couple emails, where I shared with her my concerns about my previous Accutane use, we decided I would be treated with level 4. The day of the procedure I arrived at 1, filled out some paperwork and was seen immediately. The doctor went over the process, some more concerns of mine, the consent form and we began. So it started pretty much the same as all the other reviews here; tattoo of armpits, numbing gel, numbing shots and then the miradry started. The Dr. Explained to me that the miradry process is not supposed to hurt and that i would feel some tugging and warmth and if i should feel hot or pain to let her know. Unfortunately, I did feel hot pain so I let her know and she injected some more numbing stuff in my armpit. Her partner, Dr. Lim helped her numb my other underarm while she finished with the first one. The whole time she was working on me she chatted with me to keep me busy and that was thoughtful. Both Dr's were very friendly and personable. When it was done i was given icepacks, told what to expect and to call them if I had any problems. I ended up having the procedure done at level 3 and 4, because my underarms were very sensitive and she didn't want to hurt me, which I appreciate it because I prefer a conservative approach and I am a wuss. Because of this, I might need a second treatment. We shall see, I hope not.
The pain and swelling was moderate the day of treatment. I iced and took ibuprofen as advised and slept well. Today, the day after treatment, I feel great. No pain, just tenderness and a little swelling. I took a shower and was told not to wear deodorant for a few days. So we'll see how it goes, I'm praying for the best and I will update in a week or so. Happy researching to you all!

9 days after Miradry

The swelling, lumps and soreness have improved a lot, about 80% better. I shaved a couple days ago and it felt so wierd because my underarms were still numb! So about the sweating and odor, I'm a little disappointed. I didn't consider my sweating severe, so I expected a huge difference. But I feel like there has only been a 25% reduction in my sweating and odor. I don't know if anyone has this problem, but one underarm has always been sweatier than the other. And it was my sweatier underarm that got the level 3 treatment because it was a bit uncomfortable at level 4. Anyway, so I planned on not wearing deo for a week after the procedure, but on the fourth day, I could smell my sweatier underarm and it was gross, the other underarm wasn't so bad. So I put on regular deodorant the next day and the sweating and odor were manageable, but I still had a sweat stain in my grey t-shirt. Bummer. The doc did mention to me that I might need another treatment, but I was hoping, since my sweating wasn't so severe, that I could manage any lingering sweat with deo use. But I guess not. I think I will go back for another treatment, I'll see how I feel in a couple weeks. So my advice to anyone reading, go big or go home! Do the level 5! Good luck to you all! I will update in a few weeks.

5 Weeks Post Miradry

It's been 5 weeks since my procedure and I can honestly say I am so happy I had it done. Although my sweat is not completely gone, it is about 70% better. And even when I do sweat, the smell is not offensive. My previous update was made while I was massaging my underarms with arnica, which by the way, helped the swelling and bruising a lot! But it was the arnica that made my underarms smell! Currently I put on regular deodorant in the AM after my shower and I'm good all day! I am changing my review to WORTH IT because I would do it again, in a heartbeat. Actually, I am still debating if I should go for another round. I guess I'll see how I feel on the 3 month mark and whether any more sweat returns. I will continue to update, in case it's helpful to anyone.
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

My review is for Dr. Jennifer Weintraub who was very professional and down to earth. She explained the whole Miradry procedure to me, answered every question and addressed all my concerns. This place rocks!