Lower Eyelid Surgery

I had lower eye lid surgery day. I'm home. It's...

I had lower eye lid surgery day. I'm home. It's been 5 hours since surgery. I feel in pain. I refused to take an painkillers. So far has been. I need for it. My face looks like it was kicked around a few times.. see pictures below. As of now I have idea if it's worth it or now. I have a lot of swelling. My eye sight is slightly blurry. My favs is stiff. Hard to blink. Wish me luck! I'll keep posting.

Day 2

Today my eyes are a lot more swallow. Still no pain. No blurry vision. I went to visit my surgeon. He said icing my eyes will reduce the swelling. I think his right. After I ice my eyes, the swelling seems reduce. Not as red. Here are the photos.

Day 3

Swelling and bruising went down sufficiently today.

Before Surgery

Im 34 years old. I had bags snd lose under eyelid skin. The purpose of surgery was to hopefully remove it. The doctor said he will do a eyelid blepharoplasty with a lift. Not remove the excess skin.

Day 5

Today I went back to work. I also got my Stitches removed. I still have swelling. Make up didnt really help. I felt like everyone noticed. My co workers said I looked tired like I had bags under my eyes. I wish I would have bought clear reading glasses.. oh well.

Day 5

Day. 6

My face feels so stiff. Feels weird to smile. I have little bumps Around my eyes. Not sure why. Maybe because I'm starting to wear makeup. Today I'm going to start putting a warm towel over my eyes to help the blood circulate. Starting to see purple and yellow.

Day 7

I made great improvements. I'm so happy. It the little red bumps are worse today but at least the swelling and bruising are not noticeable. But the bumps are concerning me. It's red And inflamed. Going to call my doctor to find out if it's normal and if there is anything I can take and how long it be before they go away.

Day 9

Did realize how time passes so fast. For the past two days I used a cortizone under my eye to help with the little red bumps I had under eye where the incision was. I'm
Happy I did that. In one day, I noticed the little red bumps were no longer red . Yay! I still seem them but they not as noticeable... I still have swelling even with make up my tear drops look puffy.. hoping soon it will go away. People say I look tired. Make up can't cover up puffiness . I still have bruising.

Day 10

I see improvement. My skin under my eye is tough. Not smooth. Also noticed that my eyes aren't healing at the same rate which is causing the shape of my eyes to look different. The difference is not significant but I notice it. I really hope that it's due to even swelling. I would die if this was permanent. I the tear drop is still reddish. Even with make up you can still my skin color isn't even.

2 weeks since surgery !!

I feel bipolar. every night I feel amazing and so pleased with the results but when I wake up I feel like I made a big mistake and destroyed the shape of my eyes which I loved.. as much improvement as I see my almond shaped eyes are uneven and round.. until I the the shape of my eyes return I don't think I can be completely satisfied. Anyhow enough of my ranting.. my skin under my eye I finally smoothed out. I used Eucerin ointment. It worked over night. I recommend it to anyone.
George W. Commons

This is my second surgery with Dr. Commons. I can't image going to another doctor. I trust him because he is so experienced. He never once made me feel uncomfortable. He simply listened to what I had to say with no Judgement and did has never pressured me into anything or try to up sell me by pointing other "problem areas" like other doctors. So far I am still healing from my surgery, but so far so good.