58 Yr Old Who Waited over 20 Yrs for a Flat Tummy Again. Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have had a few things done, upper eye lids, eye...

I have had a few things done, upper eye lids, eye brow lift, breast lift with implants. I had wanted to do some of these when I turned 40, but life has a way of getting in the way of what we want. Finally last spring I decided I wanted my eyes and the girls lifted. I had made a list over the yrs of doctors I knew had done work to people I knew and had turned out good.

I interviewed 4 doctors, Dr Delange was the last one I had a consult with. I almost had cancelled and gone with another, but decided to wait the extra 2 weeks and drive the extra 30 minutes, to meet with Dr Delange. I am so happy I waited and had my consult with him. He is nice, understanding, and listened to what I wanted. I went ahead and had my eyes, breast lift, some facial work and a few little things done August of 2013.

Then in January I talked to him about a brow lift, and I went ahead and got it done. I was awake the whole time, and only had 2 little cuts on each side of my hair line. I am thrilled with the out come.

This past spring, after 20 yrs I decided it was time to get my much wanted tummy tuck done. I never even considered another doctor. I was at 3 weeks yesterday, and I feel so much better than I thought I would. He is so hands on that if I text him with a concern I am usually asked to be there the next day, even after I have sent him a picture. I honestly feel he is a brilliant surgeon who truly cares about his patients.

Some Photos as promised!

I am no professional when it comes to taking or cropping pics. I also would like to mention that the color and dark marks on my face have greatly diminished due to Anna and her great facials, peels and what she has me on.

I was not going to update my TT review, but since I can’t delete it, I felt I needed to show what my journey was really like, and what my results were. I should have waited to write the review until I knew how it would have turned out.

To say I am not happy with my results is an understatement. I waited so long, and the results I got have made me more self-conscious than before. I work out, and stay on the thin side a size 2 to 4. I was told that I would not need lipo, then after wards when he saw my upper bulge he said lipo would help. I was told I would have a "rocking body" after my TT, what I have is what looks like a hack job. I developed a necrosis, which I was told he has never had happen, and was asked what I had done to get it. My husband was with me and felt I was being yelled at by the surgeon who had done this to me. It can happen to anyone, but he made a point of saying “I have never had this happen to my work”. I was driving down to see him once to twice a week, and having to clean and pack it 3 times a day by myself. It took over 3 months to heal. I was told the muscle repair was done to my breast bone yet 2 other plastic surgeons that I have been to have said that it does not look or feel like anything was done past 2 inches above my belly button. I got a second opinion with in 4 months when I could see that what I was going to end up with was not a flat tummy.

The last time I saw him, he discussed doing the scar revision, He also asked what I had done to cause the bulge until I pointed out it was part of the reason I had the TT in the first place. He then went into the file and saw it was there in the before pictures. He went on to explain that there is always a 5 to 10% correction, mine is more like a 30%, and getting worse with time. When I asked about my lower tummy he said it looked hormone related. I wonder what the ladies who haven’t gone through menopause yet look like; they certainly have more hormones issues then me. I have decided to get a TT revision and repair by another doctor. I will get an ultra sound beforehand just so I can prove no muscle repair was done above 2 inches past the belly button.

I feel the money and down time spent on this TT was a total waste!!!

My last visit was 5 months after my TT, It has been 21 months since my TT and I have never heard from them to see about scheduling the scar repair.

The reality of what it was

Seems I am getting private messages about how good Dr DeLange is. He might do some good work, but that was not the case in my situation. I do not appreciate having his "so called" patients leave me messages or posting on my review. I notice very few are willing to post pictures of the work they had done.

Like I said before if I could have taken this whole review done I would, but if it was going to stay up, it was going to show and say the truth. This was a long period of driving there every week, then every other week. I had open holes and wounds for over 3 months. It was not a fun process, of having to pack my hole with so much gauze and cleaning it 3 to 5 times a day. It was my reality. If anyone wants to tell me I did not go through this, I will post every picture I took (there are many) throughout this long, painful process.

If the results were a flat tummy or something even close I would not be as upset. To have to go through that, and then within months realize I would need a revision, that is unacceptable to me.

The pictures below were more of my reality with this procedure for about 3 months, and the out come.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon