20 Years Old and Finally Getting a Reduction. Palm Beach Gardens, FL

So long story short. When I was 18 I had cancer...

So long story short. When I was 18 I had cancer which was treated with chemotherapy and steriods....those steriods made me go from a 32E to a 32G. I believe I'm getting a breast reduction and a lift. I hope to get less back pain, less pain in general and less body embarassment from this procedure. **

I know this website is a safe place but taking pictures mortifies me

Required Photos

Taking photos was not self esteem boosting

Pre-Op Appointment

So today was my pre-op! I went in and after about 30 pages of medical consent forms I met with a nurse who went over the documents with me...again..and then answered any questions that didnt pertain to the surgery...ex. what soap to use, belly button piercing, etc. The doctor then came in and listened to my million and one questions and concerns. I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that he was impressed with my knowledge of medical terms....thanks college biology and google. Although I'm still nervous about the surgery I am still completely confident in my doctor and I'm slowly getting more and more ready for this huge change to occur!

AHHH Just 11 days left

This week has been so busy as I'm preparing to move that I completely forgot what day it was. I cant believe my surgery is less than 2 weeks away. I'm so excited!

Coming into the home stretch <3

6 days and 17 hours until the surgery!

Just 36 hours to go!

Wow, I can't believe I only have 36 hours to go until I'm finally free. I'm definitely nervous about going under and if I'll be made too small. I'm also praying for nipple sensation because *sorry TMI but* I really like having nipple sensation!

So far I'm aware that I should bring a pillow with me for after sugery and probably the pain meds. Anymore tips for post op care?

1 day AFTER surgery

Surgery was yesterday! It took about 3 hours and my doctor said I was great. Very little bleeding. I'm definitely swollen and sore but that's obviously expected. My drains will probably be taken out tomorrow since I barely get any liquid or blood in them. I believe he made me a full D. I just want to see them!!!

2 days after surgery

Today my drains were taken out....didn't feel a thing. My boobs are a perky full D....my nipples scared the shit out of me and so did the scar leading from my nipple to under my boob. I know I have to remember that my surgery was only 2 days ago and everything SHOULD be ugly. I finally broke down and took a laxative because I havent gone in 3 days! You ladies weren't kidding about needing them.

Almost 4 weeks post-op

I feel great! I was cleared to work out after 2 weeks, lower body only. The glue has been gradually coming off and everything is looking fantastic! It's the biggest relief being able to come home at the end of the day and not have back pain from carrying those weights around. I see my doctor again on the 11th and he's going to talk to me about when he thinks I'll be able to wear a real bra!

Forever grateful to my parents for giving me this experience. My scars are not pink anymore and are slowly getting less and less visible. The scars around me nipples and down to the under of my boob are barely visible now.
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

I have only met with Dr.Lickstein once but he is by far one of the nicest doctors I have ever met....and I've met quite a few in the past couple of years. He explains the process in detail, allows you to ask as many questions as you want and has your best interest at heart. His office staff is also amazing and they make you feel safe while going through such a personal experience. I have my pre-op appointment with him in four days and will then update after that. AFTER SURGERY: This surgeon is truly one of the greatest doctors I have ever met. He made me feel comfortable the moment I met him. Surgery day came, he sat with me and asked how I was feeling, drew my measurements and continued joking with me to keep me calm. When I woke up he came and saw me and even though I was groggy he still tried to speak to me. My surgery was on a Friday, he called me Saturday to see how I was feeling and on Sunday he came to his office to change my bandages and remove my drains. He is truly a great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. Not to mention that my boobs look fantastic...if I do say so myself!