34 Year Old Mom to 4, Including Twins, Full Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair, Lipo, Muscle Repair - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Currently I am 3 days post op. My journey began in...

Currently I am 3 days post op. My journey began in the summer of 2007 when we found out we were expecting twins. I knew I wanted to do everything possible to keep my boys as healthy as I could. I already had a son who was a 9 pounder at birth, so I knew my body grew big babies. I went full term with the twins and they were each about 7 lbs. My belly hurt so much the last few weeks as it stretched beyond what it could. I was miserable, so itchy. After they were born and I was back to my normal weight, I still had a pooch. I did research and learned about the 'mummy tummy' or diastasis recti. I checked my self and yup I certainly had the split in my muscles. I spent the next several years trying to fix it with binders and waist supports, physical therapy and personal trainers, exercise videos, special books and online support groups. Nothing seemed to help. We had another baby and I went into preterm labor at 31 weeks because my belly was hanging so far out, my vertebra starting pinching nerves to my uterus. I had to wear belly support garments and be extra careful. I saw my chiropractor regularly and was able to keep my baby in until he was full term. After his birth, I continued the exercises and binders. But I was so frustrated. Even when my youngest was 3, I'd get comments from strangers asking when I'm due. It was depressing. Finally there was an incident when hubby and I were celebrating our anniversary last summer and a waiter asked when was I due. Thankfully I had a few drinks so I didn't even pay attention but my hubby did and it really hit home for him. He finally understood what I dealt with constantly.
I began researching and consulting with surgeons. This is when I discovered I also had an umbilical hernia. So with the support of family and friends, I booked my surgery. I spent the weeks leading up to it prepping freezer meals, shopping for supplies, researching what to expect, etc...
It is now Saturday afternoon, my surgery was Wednesday morning. I was very calm going into surgery, joked around with the nurse and anesthesiology nurse. Surgery was about 2 hours (hubby said) but it took me a while to get going after surgery. I was so groggy and was difficult to pee. That day and next were rough. My brain was still off from meds, I couldn't express myself well, could hardly speak, super cranky. My saving graces were an electric lift recliner and walker. I don't need the walker anymore but it was absolutely needed the day of and day after. Helped get onto and up from toliet easier. I also worked out a lot prior to surgery, focusing on my legs and arms and it really paid off!!! I am still relying heavily on my leg strength to get up and down. I am almost standing completely straight. I do have soreness and brushing from lipo and that's most painful currently. At my 1 day post op check up (had to go because my belly button was tricky and doc wanted to make sure it was healing well) all looked good and I got a glimpse at my new belly. I go Wednesday for another check up and hopefully drain removed.

Twin belly pics

Found some belly pics from the twins. I was all belly!


Got drain removed today and second stage compression garment. What a difference! Already feel so much better and stronger. Was able to do some dishes (standing only, still can't bend over). Everyday gets better and easier.
So grateful! My hubby took a pic of the incision before the nurse covered it, so will get that from his phone and post later.


Been feeling great! Got stitches out of my belly button today. Made a quick trip into grocery store. Still not driving, grateful for my father in law who has been helping with errands and picking up boys from school. Made dinner tonight. Was able to shower without help, but had hubby nearby just in case. Overall very happy with recovery so far. Haven't had any pain mere for several days. Walking upright without any problems. Back still sore from lipo and swelling, mostly just right side. Heating pad helps.

Mostly back to normal

Had a few days where I was exhausted by 3pm. Otherwise feeling great! Went to a baby shower for a friend and felt amazing knowing people wouldn't mistake me as being pregnant!
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

I couldn't be happier with Dr. DeLange and his staff at Esthetica Institute! I consulted with several top docs in the area, and felt the most welcomed at Esthetica. The staff is so warm and friendly. Other places I went to, I felt the staff was putting on being friendly, it was not welcoming at all. Dr DeLange is very friendly and came across as confident but not arrogant. I fully trusted his ability to help me. I emailed and called multiples times leading up to surgery and my questions were always answered promptly. I was given the doctors personal cell # for post op concerns or questions. I've already texted him twice and he was quick to respond.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful