36 Crowding & Overbite - Pakenham, AU

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've always been conscious of my teeth. They're...

I've always been conscious of my teeth. They're not so bad that people would comment but they are far from perfect. I notice them most in pics with my friends who all have gorgeous straight smiles. So I'm now on day 2 of tray 1 of 16 trays & I'm full of fear! Firstly I've had virtually none of the pain that other reviewers describe. This makes me wonder if it's doing anything. I'm so self conscious at the miment I actually avoided a friend at the supermarket today. I have alot of attachments which kinda makes mine stand out a bit. It's a battle getting them off & at times I've thought I'm not going to be able to get them out. I actually love that it's hard to snack & that I have to grab a bottle of water instead of Coke. A healthier lifestyle is a big plus that I can see so far! So far the whole process from online enquiry to first tray fitting has been about 4 months. Can anyone tell me if sugarfree mints are okay to eat with your trays in? I also bought a breath freshener spray but I'm not sure if I should be using it.

Half way there!!

I'm just starting aligner 8 of 16. My how time flies when you're having fun! The truth is that having invisalign sucks big time. It impacts on your social life, work life & home life. But OMG is it worth it. Im not even half way and I couldn't be happier! For those couple of hours a day I get without this thing in my mouth You can't get the smile off my face. I have heaps of attachments and I still feel like my smile is amazing already. All my trays so far have been a comfortable fit and I'd describe the pain as reasonable. I get a bit of tenderness for the first week of each tray and just avoid eating anything chewy or hard. Unless it's chocolate and then I just push through it!!! At this point I'm happy to say for me Invisalign is worth it. Why didn't I do this sooner?!!!

Last day of final aligner

I'm now nearing the end of my invisalign journey. I can now tell you all that the whole process had been totally worthwhile. My last 6 weeks have been the hardest as I've had another attachment added & had to wear a rubber band on one tooth to try & pull it down (see my pics) It's been fiddly & frustration. I've swallowed a few after losing my grip & pretty much shooting it off the back of the aligner straight down my throat!!! I do have some small gaps at the gum line beside a couple of teeth but that's kind of unavoidable. My teeth are straight and that's all I care about. I'm looking forward to getting the attachments off & hopefully start some whitening treatments.

Attachments gone.... For now!

The finish line is in sight with some small refinements pending for 2 stubborn top teeth. I have a bonded wire on my bottom teeth & have to keep wearing my last retainer on the top til my retainer arrives. Back in 6 weeks for refinements. For now I have no attachments & I'm loving myself sick!!!! I have sensitive teeth so attachment removal was pretty uncomfortable & unpleasant! I was worried from some other reviews that the tooth surface would be rough & damaged. Happy to report that Dr Li has done a fab job & my teeth are smooth & beautifully polished considering I do have existing enamel damage. I couldn't be happier at this point in time!!
Straight Smiles

Very friendly & professional staff & Dr.