45 Yr Old W/ 18 yr old Silicone Implants That Need to Go! - Independence, Mo

I have had a total of four surgeries, The first...

I have had a total of four surgeries, The first was done in 1998 /Saline.. lol, I guess you could say they were the "training wheels" of implants, so to speak. Just a year after that I suffered from severe capsular contracture, That I had to live with untill 2003. I another surgery with the same surgeon. "Sigh" following another, and then Yet Another with a different Surgeon, whom I adore! He has since retired.. I'm very sad about that! I have been having numerous health issues, Joint pain, a lot of brain farts, if you will! Most of the time I don't think straight! And I am forever tired! I'm hoping to get these out next month! I wanted to thank all of you Beautiful and Feerless woman, For sharing your stories, and giving me the confidence to get it done! And be rid of the foreign objects that make me ill!

January 21st

I had an appointment with my family Dr. He scheduled a sonogram for my breasts. As soon as the results get sent to the surgeon I can schedule for explanation! Even though I talked with my surgeon Monday, it feels like forever. Only because of the pain I'm in. Does anyone have a magic wand? Or easy botton?

1 more step away from making surgery date

I have my sonogram tomorrow, and after my surgeon gets the results, it's all systems go! I just hope he's not too far out in scheduling! I'm in so much pain, I can't see straight!

Surgery scheduled! !!

I can't express how excited I am! I have been scheduled for my explanation on February 5th!!! Talk about butterflies, and already? Lol.... I am so very thankful for this site!!!

See saw on the attitude

Wow! I'm starting to get scared. One day I'm excited and the next I'm starting to get a little scared! Maybe even a little depressed. Just not knowing the outcome is weighing on me, has anyone else gone through this, before their explant surgery? I know it's for the best, and I know I'll feel better eventually. It's crazy what our minds or imagination does!

They are out!!

Hey, Realself sisters... Wow, this is painful! I had surgery yesterday morning. . And have two drains.. I haven't had a peek yet, except the top.. I don't like what I see so far, but will share my journey like my sisters have. I'll do pics tomorrow after my shower. I want to Thank you all for giving me the courage to have it done, and giving me an idea of what to expect and prepare myself. . Much love!!

Day 1 first peek

Tomorrow i will see them in full, when I shower. I'm scared to look just yet!

Good morning first shower and peek 2 day post op

Well, the right one is pretty.. could be prettier but not complaining! I'm scared for the left one! She had a rough go in surgery!

Feeling amazing! No more narcotics

Well, tomorrow I get to see Dr.Young. I hope and pray he'll take out these drains! I'm ready to sleep in bed again! Not much change in the left breast, I'm hoping Dr.Young will tell me of a massage I can do to help little sister out!

Well shoot!

I went to see the Dr. Yesterday. . NO change in the left girl, pretty sad about that! I asked I there were a magic massage to make her act right, he said there wasn't. . Is anyone on here doing massages? And how soon can you massage them? I'm only a week out, and just had my drains removed.. I tell ya, it sure feels good to sleep in bed, and on my sides again!

Guys*guys* guys, I need your attention!!!

I got the all clear to do massage on my adhearing issue with my left breast.. I was told to be pretty aggressive with it. I found it was just too painful! I did some research on different types of massage. I came across a massage for woman that have had a mastectomy. . They are in pain more than we are, the technique is much more tolerable! With further research, I think I have found our answer!!!! I purchaced some silicone massage cups!!! I will get them this Saturday. . The massage cups are used for many things, especially used to loosen adhearing scars... I am so excited to get started with this, and give updates and photos of progress! ! Much love to all, and pray this works for myself, and all with the same issue!! Big hugs everyone!

Almost 2 months

Well, not much change. I'm pretty sad about it! The massage cupping has worked, but only in the "cleavage " area. I'm sure it won't work on the crease, only because there is no tissue left there, and there is quite a dip under the nipple... yep! Pretty sad!
Levi J. Young, MD

My first impression of Dr. Young is that he is a very caring man! He listened to my concerns and took his time answering my questions, he is very well informed and makes sure you understand all aspects of the surgery. His office worked with me to get me in as soon as possible, and scheduled for surgery in the same manor, due to the pain I am in. I am looking forward to having surgery with Dr. Young!