Trying to Rid Myself of This Stubborn Cheek Sunspot - Overland Park, KS

I finally resorted to asking my dermatologist what...

I finally resorted to asking my dermatologist what to do about this stubborn relatively large cheek sunspot. I have had Yag laser 3-4 times on it (this initially helped lighten it but then it came back after some time) and also used hydroquinone. My dermatologist thought we could try freezing it as the freezing process worked well for a precancerous lesion I had on my forehead. He said it works good for surface spots. I will have to follow up in a couple of weeks to see if it works because right now it is blistered and really dark. After it heals, we will see if it nipped this one!

Update after a month healing time

The spot is pink now and keeps getting lighter and lighter. It is a lot easier to cover with make up. After trying everything else this was the way to go for this particular stubborn and relatively large sunspot. There is no scarring. I am also using Mederma which helps lighten scars. The doctor did say that if I go in the sun and do not use protection it could darken. I do not sunbathe these days, but will take extra precaution putting sunscreen on this spot. I wear sunscreen daily.
Kansas City Dermatologist