Permanent Eyeliner - Ottawa, ON

I decided to get permanent eyeliner two years ago...

I decided to get permanent eyeliner two years ago in preparation for a beach vacation with friends that included a guy I had a crush on. Like many women who wear eye makeup regularly, I look pretty "naked" to myself without it, especially as my eyelashes are blonde.

I am THRILLED with my results and would recommend it to anyone. However, I say that with the important codicil that you GO TO A REAL PROFESSIONAL. This is a tattoo, and more importantly, a tattoo ON YOUR FACE. If you cheap out and go to some dodgy fly-by-night place, then I don't know why you'd be surprised that you got bad results.

I went a woman who ONLY does permanent makeup, and was clearly very hygenic, skilled, professional and perfectionist. She took obvious pride in her work and her workspace. A good permanent make-up artist will want to engage in a discussion with you about whether what you *want* is actually what you should get. I wore black eyeliner, so I assumed she'd do my tattoo in black, but she told me black would actually be too harsh on my fair skin. Instead, she custom-mixed a dark grey/blue which looked fabulous.

I was really worried about the pain aspect, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it be. Nicole uses aromatherapy, which I figured was hocus pocus, but the combination of mint and eucalyptus really made it easier to breathe deeply, which is important because you obviously can't "clench" your eyes.

I still wear eye makeup, but the combination of my eyeliner and dying my eyelashes really looks fabulous, and I don't feel "naked" without makeup!

Nectar Permanent Makeup Studio