45 Yr Old, Much Needed Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss - Ottawa, ON

I would like to start off by thanking everyone for...

Now that my day is approaching, I thought I would share my journey. I am 45 years old with two children. I have struggled with my weight since my late teens. 2 years ago, I finally decided to make myself a priority. I started clean eating and working out. I have to say that I am in the best shape I've ever been in. Lol. Anyways, with the 100 + pounds weight loss I am stuck with a deflated tire around my abdomen as well as what I call my "fluff" above my belly button. Also, I have dealt with asymmetric breasts since a young teenager and breast feeding and weight loss certainly haven't helped.

I decided to finally reward myself for all my hard work! I will be having a full tummy tuck with muscle repair as well as a breast lift. My surgery date is quickly approaching and I am nervous as well as excited to kiss my deflated tire and asymmetric breast goodbye.

Hope to hear from you and get support and encouragement for what I am about to face.

Pics will be uploaded soon!

Starting to panic

I am 13 days away from surgery and am starting to stress out and panic. I feel I am not prepared in the least. Thank goodness my pre-op is this Monday as I feel I will know more of what is needed to prepare myself.

It is NOT easy attaching these photos but it can only get better, right?

45 Yr Old, Much Needed TT with MR After Weightloss

I would like to start off by thanking everyone for sharing their stories. I have lurked on here for almost a year. I have learnt SO much from all of you!Now that my day is approaching, I thought I would share my journey. I am 45 years old with two children. I have struggled with my weight since my late teens. 2 years ago, I finally decided to make myself a priority. I started clean eating and working out. I have to say that I am in the best shape I've ever been in. Anyways, with the 100 + pounds weight loss I am stuck with a deflated tire around my abdomen as well as my "fluff" above my belly button. Two large 10 pound babies added to my stretched skin and muscles.I decided to finally reward myself for all my hard work! I will be having a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. My surgery date is quickly approaching and I am nervous as well as excited to kiss my deflated tire goodbye.Hope to hear from you and get support and encouragement through this journey.Pics will be uploaded soon!

On the road to recovery

Well its been almost a week since my surgery. How the time flies. I have to say that I really haven't experienced much pain but more discomfort. I stopped my morphine pills after day 3 and am taking Motrin when needed. Home care comes in every day and changes my dressings. I am still very swollen but in time that will go away. I am so please with my doctors work. My drains (2 of them) are still draining but slowing down. I am anxious to have them removed so that I can shower. I am taking it very easy as per the doctors orders! Have a great recovery!

Early after pics

Here is my comparison be for and after pic. The after pictures were taken on day 10 or so. I don't remember! Lol. Swelling has gone down so much since these were taken.
Dr. Ronnie Borsuk

Wonderful, compassionate doctor. So impressed with his work!