45 Yrs Old - Third Time's a Charm - Ottawa, ON

After living through braces, retainer, head gear...

After living through braces, retainer, head gear etc. as a child.....then another round of braces in university.....I am now on round 3 of my attempt to straighten my teeth and am so glad I chose invisalign. My past treatments ultimately failed as there was no prevention employed to ensure that my teeth would not shift and, as a result, my bottom teeth shifted quite a bit while the top only minimally so. I am at the beginning of week 3 with invisalign - just got tray two and my attachments (only 8 in total) yesterday. I have to say, having lived through more traditional braces etc. I find this really easy. Of course, I am having the same issues as many - a bit of pain, much harder to remove the trays since I got the attachments......but thanks to the many posts I read before I started I was well prepared and have had a relatively easy time so far.....with a big bonus of also having lost 3lbs in my first two weeks (not being able to snack is proving very beneficial).
Dr Large

Love my dentist. She has been really great and totally understood what I was looking for. I had gone to an orthodontist first - and was told it would take 2 years on invisalign, with attachments on almost all of my teeth, rubber bands etc. I get that he was wanting make my teeth/bite etc. perfect, but what he did not understand is that I just wanted straight.....Dr. Large got it, and I now have 12 trays to go through in 6 months....So while I may not get super model perfect teeth - they should be nice and straight by the time I am finished.