30 Year Old with PCOS, Recently Started with Electrolysis on Chin and Neck Area. Norway, NO

First off, I have to thank this community for...

First off, I have to thank this community for encouraging me to get started with electrolysis. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have had slightly increased testosterone due to that, and have been troubled with stubborn dark hair on the chin and neck. I have been using a Braun epilator on the area every day for about 10 years (they would grow out every single day, dark and coarse!). I have tried laser therapy many years ago - it worked fine for some months, and then the hair came back, as strong as ever. I was so disappointed after the unsuccessful laser treatment that I had about given up. Finally, last week, after reading testimonials here and after my own doctor suggested it, I decided I would go for one final push. I have had 4 x 15 min. treatments so far. Each treatment covers 50 - 70 hairs (I was advised not to use any numbing agent so counting helps me deal with the pain :) ). Yes, it does hurt. I take painkillers, 1 h to 30 mins. before each treatment. It still hurts, but not to the extent that I can't handle it. Also, I have stopped plucking and using my epilator. I have more redness than I would like to, swelling, some whiteheads, no discoloration or pigmentation yet. I was advised to use Dr. Melumad Aloe Vera Gel several times a day at least a couple of days after the treatment and it is working quite well to cool the area off, keep it moisturized and help with the swelling. I am not using any kind of chemicals on the skin - no soaps, no creams, and I am only using mineral makeup (as advised by my specialist). I have been using GloMinerals compact and I could not be happier. I use it to cover the area right after the treatment and you cannot tell that anything had been done, it works like magic! Also, I see that the majority here is from the USA, so I would like to comment that I am actually living in Norway and undergoing the treatment there. The photos I am attaching are after the 4th treatment. Too bad I didn't take before photos.

Almost a month in, I can see results!

I have been regularly going to my treatments, twice per week. I am very happy with my specialist! And I can already see reduced hair growth on the areas treated. Hair that does come out is much thinner and grows out slowly. I have had to cut the regrown hair only twice after I begun the treatments, which says a lot about the growth speed and extent.
I would like to get some advice about dealing with the pain though. I am taking some painkillers before the treatment, but that does not work. Are numbing creams actually safe to use? I have read that they are not recommendable for irritated skin (ex. pimples, wounds, etc) and I have heard some bad experiences with using them whilst undergoing electrolysis (extreme swelling and breakouts).
I would appreciate any advice, as it is really difficult to deal with the pain.
Thanks!

P.S. I will upload photos after the next session, so next week.

Some photos one month in

It's a pity I do not have before photos. One month in and quite a lot of the hair has cleared out, and the regrowth is much thinner and more scarce. The skin is taking it a but harsh as the treatments are twice a week, but I am not concerned about that too much yet.

Almost two months in, photo update

So the hair on the chin is now growing really really thin, light and it's spread quite apart. We are now moving on towards the neck. Photos from the left and the right side - left side was last treated about two weeks ago and left one just yesterday. It's pretty easy to tell which is which even though I haven't noted it.
Camilla Eriksen