TT W/ab Repair - 5 Children Later - Orlando, FL

Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Never in my dreams would I have imagined having 5...

Never in my dreams would I have imagined having 5 children, nor a Tummy Tuck! So glad I did. After my set of twins (7 lbs each!) 2 years ago, things were never the same again. I was left with that dreaded mommy apron, haven't felt like myself since before this happened so after much research I did it!

3 weeks and moving

So it's been a little over 3 weeks now since TT. I must say I had no idea how much it would hurt in be beginning. The first 3 days were brutal. After 3 csections I thought I would breeze through this. But for the first week I really needed my husband for everything! Thankfully everyday I feel better and better. The saying what a difference a day makes holds so true in this recovery process. I am needed upright 98 percent. I'm holding back just a little for the sake of total healing. My back really hurt the first 2 weeks, but feels amazingly better this week. I am thrilled with the progression and am so happy I made this decision. It wasn't easy, as I felt guilty for willingly choosing to undergo an "elective" procedure. But already I can see the changes that this will make in my life. I work out regularly and can't wait to hit the gym again with a new sense of motivation!

5 weeks post op

Well it's been 5 weeks. And I must say every day I feel better. I still have some slight aches. But overall I feel great. I am active, moving around and exercising lightly. This experience has really made me evaluate what I take into my body. Nutrition is so key! I have revamped what I eat chicken completely! It makes such a difference belly wise. I am eating more plant based foods and protein and less meat.
I have completely stopped wearing compression garments as of 2 weeks ago (my PS said I could stop after 2 weeks). Although they feel great and give me support, I didn't want them to become a crutch.

6 weeks

I went to my 6 weeks post op yesterday. All looking good. All restrictions lifted. I go again in another 6 weeks for the final post op appt. I feel good, love the results, and I'm so glad I did it. Sometimes it's still hard to believe I got a tummy tuck. In wearing my clothes now there is so much room where that excess skin use to be. I asked about scar treatment.. Dr isn't really a fan of what's out there but he said it won't hurt to try. So I'll see be hat happens with the Scaraway.

6 weeks

Side comparison

Feeling almost normal

So it's offically been 6 weeks and 3 days since my tummy tuck with muscle repair. I am using scaraway and also bought some Mederma with spf for when I go to the beach this weekend for the first time since surgery. I don't know what I will wear yet, but most likely will cover my tummy. I still have a scar around my belly button I'm not too thrilled about. But hopefully over time it will fade. I do have to work on my posture as it makes a huge difference in appearance and my back aches. After being hunched over a while, it's so easy to do it since psychologically I'm trying I'm protecting my abs.

Muscle pain- 8 weeks post op

So I guess trying to resume all normal activity at this point has caused me some pain. The pain is mostly in my upper ab area (muscle repair). It feels like I pulled a muscle although I know I didn't. The pain lessens as I lay down and relax. Just a reminder I guess, to take it easy and listen to your body.

8 week 3 days post op pics

Overall I am super happy with the results. My motivation is back to eat better and exercise. I'm even wearing waste level shirts again after years of long shirts and blouses and always trying to cover my midsection. I'm afraid to test or push my body workout wise though. I know it's all psychological because I'm pretty healed. It's exciting to see how the body heals over time. I know as time goes on I will get stronger physically and continue on this road to feeling and looking great.

9 weeks and some days

I'm feeling great.. More active.. Going to the gym a few days a week. It's nice having the self confidence back and not worrying about hiding my sagging apron of a stomach. I find that stretching really does help with the tightness of the abdomen area. A couple weeks ago I was having some pain after resuming gym activities, when a Fellow RS member suggesting stretching.. That did the trick!

13 weeks posts

Feeling great. Back to normal activities and exercise. There is still a little numbness, but no pain. I have a tiny dog ear that depending on how it looks at my 6 month post appt, I may not worry about. PS says he could fix pretty easy if it still bothers me. I am still amazed by how it feels not to have a sagging stomach. It has made a world of difference in my life and fitness activities. I'm just so glad I made the decision to have the surgery.

Still 13 weeks plus 3 days

So while I'm very pleased with my results... I'm not sure how the color of my belly button is going to turn out. It's rather dark and has probably ways been that way. It's just now that I can see it.

15 weeks post

Still hanging in there. Still have some minimal swelling.

4 1/2 months later

Still loving the results. Wish I would have had lipo of the flanks now, but I'm continuing to work out hard, mostly weight lifting with a little cardio.

5 months now

It's been 5 months now. I have been experiencing some slight twinges mid abdomen. I wonder if it's just the nerves "reconnecting." I have a thicker layer of fat than i want, so I am considering lipo sometime next year if I don't see any changes via my fitness and eating regimens.

1 year post

All is well. Still very happy about the results! Wish my belly button wasn't so dark or so scarred, but still extremely pleased.
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Dr. McClure has been great. He took the time to discuss the procedure and his recommendations. Very concerned with safety. He has a way of making you feel comfortable and like you are in good hands.