50YO, 160lb Weight Loss, Time to Finish the Journey - Orlando, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I think I've been planning this skin removal and...

I think I've been planning this skin removal and body reconstruction surgery ever since I had my weight loss surgery over four years ago. I didn't know how I would afford it, or how much he would even cost or who would do it, but I dreamed of having a body that was just normal.
I'm finally ready, I've selected my doctor and I'm so excited. Right now I'm just trying to make sure I'm ready and I'm building up my health and nutrition and my strength.

Dreaded befores

Here are a couple pics of the state of my tummy.

Why I most likely need a fleur de lis cut

Like a lot of people who have lost a significant amount of weight, I struggle with belly button infections and under skin infection. I was dealing with one now and I took a couple of pictures to try to capture what it looks like. It definitely made me take note of the amount of skin that I have above the belly button. It's got to go! I wish it was tomorrow.

I'm still debating my choice of doctor. Doing a little bit more research and I may have to lose my deposit if I decide to change, but I definitely want to make a good decision

Still working on finalizing my choice of doctor

So, I've still bee getting a couple other quotes and recos - really want to be absolutely sure about my choice! I'm getting there, I really like the encounters I've had with Dr. Oppenheimer, and I think he has a good plan for me. My final issue is the pricing...I added flanks to the extended tummy tuck and it shot the price up by almost $5K additional. It's getting close to the cost of a full 360 body lift - so I'm having to really think this through. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of a full 360 because I think it's a lot to recover from - but I'm on a pretty limited budget, so I need to be smart about this!

I'm getting so excited though, I can't believe whatever I do, it's going to be soon! My stress has had me eating though, and I need to take off 5 pounds I've gained in the last 2 weeks! I want to be as lean as possible, since I'm not doing any lipo.

Getting a little nervous

I'm five weeks away now from my surgery, I'm starting to get nervous. I keep looking at so many other people's pictures and I see some disasters and I see some amazing transformation. I just don't know what it's going to be for me

Less than 30 days away!

I'm getting excited and nervous. Mostly excited! I keep reading and watching videos on the procedures and it's enough to make you crazy. I'm a very positive person by Nature so I really hope and expect that I will be able to deal with my pain very well and that I will heal quickly with no major setbacks. If something goes wrong, I will cross that bridge then.
I'm taking 2 weeks off from work and I really hope that's enough, I may have the opportunity to work one additional week from home if needed. I have a friend who is planning on taking care of me for the first few days at home, and then I'm hoping I can be okay on my own.
I had every intention of really focusing on my diet and trying to get as lean as possible in preparation, but instead I find that my nerves are making me eat a little more. I've got to buckle down these last few weeks. I can't believe it's so soon!

starting to get real!

So I went in for my pre-op this week and I paid that big fat bill period got all my instructions and prescriptions and I guess I'm as ready as can be. I'm so nervous but also super excited to see what kind of improvement I will experience. I'm trying to keep my expectations low but of course hoping for the best.

OMG it's tomorrow!

I can't believe the time is finally here! I've been thinking about this for so long and saving for it for so long and stressing about it for so long and it's finally here. Tomorrow, I will definitely add pictures when I'm conscious. Thanks to all the tips here I feel fairly prepared for what's to come. Excited and terrified!

One last preop pic

I'm on the other side!

I'm so exhausted not going to say much but I'm done! My surgery was yesterday morning. Wow, the difference is dramatic. So is the pain but I know it's going to have been worth j
It.

Day 4 PO

Feeling better each day. My swelling feels under control so far, drains are doing their job. Ive been diligently drinking water, taking arnica and bromelein, and getting my protein in. So far so good! Here is a pic from today and a comparison with how bad my tummy and upper/outer thighs were before! Thanks for the support. Couldn't have gotten here without all the stories and info here

Day 10, 1 drain out!

Today one of my three drains came out. Wow that feels crazy!
My energy is getting better, I still feel pretty tired when I try to do normal activity stuff.
I saw the nurse today and she seemed extremely pleased with how well I am healing. My incisions look great, and my swelling isn't bad at all.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon