Dr. Slusher: Neograft FUE 2500 Grafts Orlando, FL

Hi guys, I've been lurking this site before my HT...

Hi guys, I've been lurking this site before my HT and after so I thought I'd share my progress and experience so far for others to view. Please feel free to comment or suggest anything. I appreciate everyone's input if you feel generous to give it.

On 3/6/15, I had the Neograft procedure with Dr. Slusher in Orlando at the Bassin Center. 2500 Grafts.

I'm on day 6 and am having the typical nerve pains from the donor area. My face seemed to swell more than most people reported (and is still swollen) and my grafts itch like all hell but I've been spraying them with saline and trying with all my might not to touch them! Tomorrow, day 7, according to my post op procedures I can wash my hair with regularity (no more cup and baby shampoo). I'm seeing my doc tomorrow to start propecia and I was told I can't do minoxidil for 4 weeks.

Stop washing your hair!

Okay , I'm super happy so far with my results and it's only been 5 months. I still have a lot of growing to do. One thing that is helping me a lot is stopping washing my hair everyday. I'm down to just twice a week now and soon just once (other than the occasional yard work day where I'm really dirty). Instead of shampooing each day, massage and rub your scalp in the shower to get rid of any dirt. This has increased my overal comfort and reduced the itchiness a lot. I also use coconut oil which I will rub into my scalp.
Dr. James Slusher

Dr. Slusher was fantastic. His bedside manner is the best I've ever had from anyone in the medical profession. He touched me a lot, put a hand on my shoulder, patted my back, etc... and really made me feel comfortable with the entire process. The extraction (Neograft) and grafting was all done by one of his technicians, if that's the right term, but Dr. Slusher was checking in regularly. He was very professional and seemed very experienced.