53 Yr Old - Needed a Pick Me Up!

I researched this procedure for months and waited...

I researched this procedure for months and waited until the price was within range. I was so happy when I found out that our dermatology office was runnning a special on it for $1799. Normally for the eyes, face and neck was $4,100, so this deal really did push me.
I just turned 53 and have not had the easiest life the last few years, lots of stressful things happened and I was feeling and looking haggered for my age. I decided on Ultherapy for the non-evasive and gradual change verses going into a surgery for a total face lift.
The day of the procedure I was very nervous and although I knew they'd take my picture in the doctor office I still snapped a few while we were driving. The nurse doing the procedure told me to talk 800 mgs (4 Advil) of Ibprophen and one Xanax before the procedure. After reading other reviews I wish I would of insisted on some pain killers too! This procedure is not just an annoying sting, it is painful. I'd say about an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10. I cannot beleive that people say it is just "uncomfortable" ~ uncomfortable is when you get stung by a bee or stub your toe. This hurts and its on your face. I am hoping, like childbirth, its all worth it, haha! I made it through, did not have her turn the machine down but did take two five minute breaks. The tech completed about 950 lines. The whole procedure took about three hours. If I ever do this again I will for SURE take pain killers no matter what! The next day I woke up and had mild swelling, a tighter feeling in my face and also a warmth to my face. My jawbone is still tender and the warmth is still in my face and it is now Monday, I had the procedure done on Saturday. I do see a slight difference but know that I have a long time to wait to really see the results. I will update pictures weekly for you. I want to be as helpful to anyone else that has the procedure because I was grateful to be able to read all of the reveiws. I'll report back next week!

Day three from treatment

Today is day three. My face feels less warm to the touch. Still a bit sore on the jaw bone but otherwise I'm feeling good. I was reveiw the pics that I posted intially and realized I should post this one especially again. There actually IS a difference between before and the next day. You can see this below. I will keep adding as things change.

Nine days

I very slightly feel tenderness in my high area of my jawline. The feeling in my skin is returning all the way, it was kind of dull/dumb feeling. I don't feel as puffy now. I really don't see much difference yet, the day after I did see a difference (not sure if that was the swelling) and the nurse said that sometimes people see a change the day after but full change is at 90 days. I'll keep updating. I feel good, I like that!

Almost 3 weeks

No more swelling that I can see. I feel like my skin is getting tighter and notice a difference starting to happen with my jawline. I know its still really early. I'll keep giving updates! So far, so good.
Skin MD

Beth did my procedure and she was very patient with me and explained everything very well. I trust the staff at Skin MD and would never go somewhere else for this procedure. I have family that has had major surgery here and they are all wonderful!