47 Yo with 4 Girls and a Belly That Never Snapped Back. - Orange, CT

I found an awesome Dr. And scheduled my surgery. I...

I found an awesome Dr. And scheduled my surgery. I Went to my pre-op last Monday and the reality finally kicked in. Tears came pouring out. When the PA came in all I could get out was, "I've wanted this for so long". And it's finally coming true as if it were a dream. I'm so excited. I will update as I go.

Emotional morning

I woke up early and found myself here on RS reading the many experiences in healing, swelling and life on the flat side. I have always been so self conscious of my belly, so I got up and decided to take pictures in hopes of coming to terms with the reality I have been hiding from for so many years.

So much going on.

There are so many things going on right now, from trying to find a three position lift chair to making sure my little ones have everything they need. I think I'm a control freak because I'm finding it very difficult to let go and rely on someone else to care for me. I've even thought about hiring someone to come in and help my husband take care of me....truly gives me anxiety just thinking about it. I think I have everything in place except the lift chair. I've got all my meds, my bandages, gauze, neosporin, tegaderm, etc. coloring and puzzle books, colored penicils, an electric sharpener, my Christmas cards, stamps and mailing list. Button front nightshirts from VS (gotta keep it sexy). Lol! Christmas tree and decorations in place and, now I need someone on Elf duty (somebody's got to do it). Aahhh! Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, ......breathe. Ok. Let me know if I'm forgetting anything or if there is something I haven't even thought of. Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a soon to be "flat".

T minus 5 days and counting.

Wow! I can't believe it's so close. Today I finally told my in-laws about the surgery and they were surprisingly supportive (insert shocked face here). I love them all, but my mother-in-law is especially judgy and of course she was the last one I told. I actually feel great relief. Had a great weekend, went to Boston ate at Fire and Ice then went to see The Blue Man Group...they are awesome. All I have to do this week is pick up some groceries and my nails and pedicure and I'm ready. Let's do this thing!!!

Fear. You have no authority or place in my mind. I am a strong, healthy, independent woman and you must flee. In Jesus name! Bam!! Take that!

Will post pre-surgery pics later.

2 more sleeps and a 2.5 - 3 hour nap till the flat side

Super excited for this next part of my life to begin. I have really been surprised by the amount of support I have received both here on RS and from friends and family.

Everything is almost in place, chair in delivered tomorrow and I'll be set. So excited I could cry.

Only a couple hours away.

Well, sitting in the receiving area waiting for them to come get me. Feeling excited, hungry and ready for my nap. ????

A better picture

I'm definitely please with my choice in Dr. Dr Restifo is an amazing surgeon. A true artist in his field.

A new day!

Wow, what a difference a couple days makes. Three days out and I'm making my way around pretty well. Incision looks beautiful. On my way to my post op. Even dressed myself with no help. ????

12-14-15 post op appt

Dr Restifo is an artist, a true talent. Healing beautifully.

My favorite pic so far

Day 6 post op

Today was great. I'm almost standing up straight, I'm getting around like crazy, though it is exhausting. I've only have one Percocet all day. I tried laying in bed but was only comfy on my side, so back to my recliner I go. Does anyone know if tubs are allowed? Cuz that would feel amazing.

Bed sweet bed

So tonight I am going to try out sleeping in my bed. On my side it's lovely but as I lay on my back it is very tight. Is this cause it's still so new or is this a feeling that I must get use to. Anyone know? I have no pain just tightness. I don't want to interfere with my healing so and advice would be appreciated.

Getting easier everyday

So last night I slept all night in my bed. Not the soundest sleep. Tossed (haha) rolled from left side to back all night.

On the flat side.

So today I got up showered did my hair makeup and for dresses then took my daughter out for lunch. Yep I drove. Also took this tear jerker photo. The first time I put these panties on it looked hideous. A big disgusting roll/ flap of skin came oozing through the strings. And now tada!

Strange stuff

Has anyone experienced what I can only explain as "phantom belly"? Like you can almost still feel the old belly. Very strange. So bored too. I think I am going to work tomorrow at least for a little while I swear I can feel my brain cells dying. Aargh!

Day 12 post op

I go to ps tomorrow and I'm hoping they remove strains because they really aren't pulling much fluid at all. I went back to work yesterday out of sheer boredom. Got a lot accomplished but back was sore from over compensating for lack of abdominal usage.

I am happily surprised that I am down 4 lbs from my pre-op weight. My clothes (which is so far consisting of sweats and sweatshirts) are roomier than I remember. Good thing to as it helps to hide the drains. Ick! I'm over them. Also, I hope to see my bb. I've only really seen it once when I changed out the gauze.

Dr visit

Went to the dr yesterday and was hoping that since my drains weren't filling up, they would be removed. Unfortunately, it turns out I have a seroma just above my pubic bone and get to spend at least another week with my drains. At the time I was pretty upset and but oh well life goes on. I did get my BB stitches removed so now I can see my new sexy BB. AlWays something to smile about.

18 days post op

Yesterday was the best. I finally got my drains out and the sleep last night don't even get me going on how amazing it was to sleep without those cumbersome little bulbs of gross.

I'm in love....

I just can't get enough of it. I can't believe it's mine.

Sucks to be the a**hole who walked out on our marriage

As Bobby a brown says, "Can't touch this"!

7 weeks. And I'm loving it.

So, it's been awhile. Life's been crazy. 2016 is my year. Lost my job, (which I was going to have to quit anyway), got a way way better full time job (so I can support my children) and have already been given a promotion. I am healing awesomely and life is good.
Orange Plastic Surgeon

So far my experience has been very positive. Dr Restifo and his staff are super. Very professional and well informed. Wouldn't trust my body to anyone else. This man is a master artist in his field.