Total Disappointment with Denenberg. Omaha, NE

I had my primary rhinoplasty with Dr. Denenberg in...

I had my primary rhinoplasty with Dr. Denenberg in 2001. I chose him after I did a lot of research and after interviewing many surgeons in my area. What attracted me to do my surgery with him –though he was out of my state- was the after photos posted on his website. I saw many noses that looked like my nose with amazing results. I had a hump and my nose was a bit long for my face. So I asked him to shave the hump, a bit shortening of the nose and refinement of the tip. After exchanging a number of emails with him I booked an in person consult and a surgery date. I had the consult and then on the following day I had the surgery. It was an open rhino and recovery went well. The cast came off few days later and I was in total shock! The hump was gone and the profile looked fine but the base of my nose was so wide that I didn’t look like myself. He told me it was still very swollen and it would look better in few months. In fact before the cast came off I noticed that my nose was double its previous width. Unfortunately my nose healed but it continued to look wide. Actually aside from the improved profile that only lasted for few years everything else about my nose looked horrible and opposite to what I asked for. Oh another thing I should mention is that Dr. Denenberg is greedy. I can’t believe I paid over 7k in 2001 for a primary rhino in Omaha!

I was in touch with him during recovery and the first few months post-surgery; he agreed that my nose looked wider than what it used to be. At one point Dr. Denenberg even remarked that my nose looked funny!! I suffered emotional and psychological ramifications because Dr. D didn’t deliver the results I paid for. He offered to revise it; but honestly I didn’t feel comfortable to go back to him since he messed up my nose the first time. In the past few years before my revision my nose kept changing to the worst. The bridge became crooked, the tip very asymmetrical, nostrils uneven, and on top I had difficulty breathing. Because of all these changes in my nose my face started to look different and I first noticed this in photos. It took me nearly 12 years to finally have the revision. Please see my review here http://www.realself.com/review/baltimore-md-revision-rhinoplasty-finally-revision-for-in-march
Last March I had the courage to have a revision and I’m happy I did. It was a very hard decision to make. Breathing has improved greatly since. My revision surgeon said that when my nose was shortened during the primary the tip was left without cartilage and my nose collapsed. The nose was also crooked inside and that seemed to have contributed to breathing issues I had.

My advice to anyone seeking cosmetic surgery: Don’t base your decision in selecting a surgeon on merely their after results. It can be really deceptive. Thanks for reading.
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon