36 Years Old and Eyes That Looked Much Older - Omaha, NE

I have had genetic bags under my eyes since age 14...

I have had genetic bags under my eyes since age 14 and they had become unbearable for me to look at by the time I decided to have the laser procedure done under my eyes. I also had excess skin and fine lines and wrinkles from years of sun exposure. I decided to finally go through with the laser after a year of thinking about it after my initial consultation with Dr. Popp. The recovery was brutal but I was absoluately prepared for it, both mentally and physically. It has been 6 months since my procedure so my final results are probably what I have now. While it did remove some of the excess skin (reducing the appearance of the fat bags) I still have some wrinkles and excess skin while smiling and of course, the fat bags are still present (which Dr. Popp told me they would be and this procedure would not remove them). My eyes are a complicated problem and for the best results I know that I also need to have some additional procedures done in conjunction with the CO2 laser. I also have a more bumpy texture underneath my eyes since the procedure and it looks like the sweat glands under my eyes are much more visible. I am hoping in time this is corrected but I understand that this might be the trade off. It was a costly procedure and I am still not sure if it is worth it but I do know that I have an easier time looking into the mirror. Some of my friends think my eyes look great and others see no difference so I guess it is all in the eyes of the beholder.
Omaha Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Popp was my first choice based on his experience, background and training with emphasis in the orbital area. He took the time to answer any and all questions during consultations and readily made himself available to answer any questions and concerns post-op. I will only go to him for any future cosmetic procedures.