First Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant with Dr. Michael M. Kim. Portland, OR

I am hoping I can have a nice smooth and...

I am hoping I can have a nice smooth and proportional nose. I don't like how bulbous my nose is and the hump. I am scared as hell since I am worried I am messing with what God gave me. But hoping it will all be worth it and will end up with a nice result. I am also getting a small chin implant. Dr. Kim seems to have great reviews and I hope he will do a stellar job on my nose and chin.

Chin pic

Had my pre-op appointment today.

I am very excited yet naturally nervous. Showed Dr. Kim pictures of my ideal nose and was given prescriptions for pain and antibiotics for post surgery.

Found out I am pregnant! Surgery will have to be rescheduled.

I am thrilled to be preggo but sad about not having my surgery. Will have to move it till next year.

Surgery rescheduled June 10th, 2016

So excited. I finally had my baby and now it's time to work on me. :-) My pre-op is Wednesday and my surgery is scheduled for June 10th. I will keep you all updated with my progress and results.

Tomorrow is surgery day!

Excited yet anxious. I have never been under anesthesia before nor have I ever had a cosmetic procedure. Wish me luck and I will post pics for those who have messaged me and asked.

Healing nicely.

Recovery has been going well. Here's how my day of surgery went.
Checked in, changed into a gown, IV inserted, Dr.Kim came in to mark my face then I was wheeled to the OR. Next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room with the worst headache but it subsided after I took the Rx pain medication. Day two I only needed to take one extra strength Tylenol every four hours. Today, day three I didn't take any pain medication. My nose is runny and one nostril looks larger than the other but I am not too concerned since I am noticing positive changes daily. Can't wait to see my results this Wednesday during my postop. Only negative, the nurses after surgery made me feel rushed to check out and did a poor job explaining discharge details. If you would like to see pictures PM me and I will send you updates and pictures.

Eight days post op

I am loving my results so far. Recovery has been better than expected. The first three days were the worst. When I came home from surgery I was worried since my face was bruised, smile was crooked and my nostrils looked uneven. However after a week my smile is 99% back, nostrils are pretty much even and the bruising is almost gone. My recovery period consisted of laying in bed, drinking LOTS of water and pineapple juice, eating crackers and watching tons of Netflix movies.
When I first had my cast removed (5daya postop) my nose looked wide but it has thinned out substantially and looks great. My chin is still swollen; as each day passes it's shrinking down and looking nice. Overall I am happy. Even my husband and stubborn parents who were against me having these procedures admit I look good.

Three months post op and couldn't be happier.

My nose feels and looks great. I have been able to wear sunglasses, workout like I use to and my smile is 100%. My chin completely feels and looks like my own . Every week my nose looks better and better.For a few weeks I was concerned about a tiny bump I felt at the bridge but it has disappeared. Really - really glad I got the chin implant as well. I think my profile looks rather cute. Now I love taking pictures at any angle. ;-)
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kim's bedside manner, how accessible he is, along with his amazing work makes him a great Doctor. He emailed me pictures of his past work plus answered questions I forgot to ask during my consult. He's prompt to reply via email which I found refreshing as most doctors pass this task onto their nurses/PA's. Dr. Kim also managed my expectations and over delivered. I look and feel absolutely beautiful, have an amazing profile and have been receiving tons of compliments. I plan on using Dr. Kim in the future for other treatments (botox, fillers etc..)