22 Year Old, Didnt Wanna Wear Bb Cream..looked into Green Peel - Oakville

I had really bad acne before I had my daughter.....

I had really bad acne before I had my daughter.. it cleared up during pregnancy. I was left with decent skin..a bit red from all the treatments, there was pigmentation beneath my eyes, and my nose had lines on it from so many extractions.. On a normal day, I can usually go without make up and its fine.. but I wanted that 'glow' and I have a few more recent scars(from picking) that I wanted gone(that weren't very deep.) My first attempt at the slight scars was surface laser on the spots.. Here is my journey from 5 months to now;
1. I was told to stop getting facials; the chemicals were ruining my skin and thats why it was red, it was to 'worn'
2. I was sold 3 products; PCA liquid wash, rebalance, and a small bit of the hydrocortisone cream.
3. 2 months later, went back in and did the laser. Was sold a lightning serum by Lori
4. We are January 12. I went in asking what I could do for the problems I still had.. the laser hadn't helped.. she insisted on the green peel and how she was giving me a really good deal.. she would give me full strength and include the care cream(like a toner), Dr Schrammek special care cream(somewhat thick and yellowish) and the bb cream(paste like, can choose the colour).
4. THE PEEL: In my opinion, I didnt feel much.. but keep in mind, I've been doing extremely painful facials in the past(gycolic, salytic, fruit acid), so I've probably built a tolerance. Towards the end it started to feel scratchy. The only time my face hurt, was when I rubbed the cream in later that evening.. thats it. She rubbed for a good 10 minutes..at least. I went through the 5 days of putting the creams on, and not showering(ew) and didnt peel a whole lot. I went for my aftercare facial
5. THE FACIAL.: not really a facial; a cleanse, its a moisturizing mask, followed by a serum, followed by sunscreen.

Halfway through the facial, she let the bomb drop, that I was to use on top of the products I thought I was getting a steal for, I was to buy DR Schrammek sunscreen.. 52$ and cream cleanser 67$.

I'm all about myself.. I'm into spending money on products that work.. I'm not okay with having products build up in my cabinet just because. And I don't like spending money that took a long time to make on treatments that don't work.

Having said that.. I don't think even for 150, this facial was worth it... My skin is whiter. Thats it; 5 days of smelling, having greasy pillow sheets and time at the salon. The purplish scars did not peel..they aren't deep at all. The blackheads are still there. The pores are still somewhat large... maybe reduced a bit(but it was a peel, so I hope it did a little bit more than lighten my skin) Personally, I've learned that facials are a waste of time and money unless they are for relaxation purposes. I've now learned that the green peel is a waste of time and an extreme waste of money.. If I had bought the products as well, I would have run up more than $600. (I really like the care cream and the bb cream.) I wish there were more informative and in depth reviews and more people who had various aesthetic and surgical treatments would participate in informing people that are interested in what they have done.

I wish I had taken a before photo. The lighting, and the amount of cream she put on my face hides the blackheads and the pores. (somewhat, but still quite present if you blow the photo up) And as you can see, there are red marks that have not gotten any less red. The purple mark on the side of my cheek is still there.
Dr J