19 Years Old, Finally Getting The Hairline Lowering Procedure!! Oakland, CA

I have my surgery date for Jan. 27th and I'm very...

I have my surgery date for Jan. 27th and I'm very nervous! The only other surgery I've ever had was tonsil removal. I have always been self conscious of my large forehead and my insecurities of my forehead really cripples me from enjoying life more. So I'm excited for the surgery but still VERY nervous. It'd be great to talk with people who've have had the surgery and learn about their experience. It would really help me prepare myself mentally!

Few Hours Before!

Hey everyone!! I am planned to go into Dr. Kabaker's office at 11 am and it is 8:50 am now. I am extremely nervous but I hope all goes well! I am posting a before picture and well post more before and after pictures this weekend hopefully.

Day Of Surgery

On the day of the surgery, I was very VERY nervous as you all can imagine. I had to sign some last minute papers and seeing it all was very nerve racking and scary. I was led to one of the rooms in the back and there Nurse Joana made sure I was in good condition and explained the medication to me and answered all questions I had! At this point I was more calm, then Dr. Nadimi came in and talked with me also and took some before pictures of me. Then Dr. Kabaker came in and I showed him where I would like my new hair line to be. After all the prepping for surgery, I was taken to the operating room. I remember talking to the nurses before and then once I got the IV Sedation everything felt like a nice easy nap! Afterwards, I was so sleepy that I can barely remember the ride home. I just know I put my arm around my sister and then went to sleep haha. That night there was pain in the back of my head which I was told was completely normal! But it was kind of uncomfortable to sleep the first night. Now I have no pain in the back of my head, and there is only a little pain where my new hairline is. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate the pain about a 4 1/2 right now. It is really important to take the medication when needed or the pain would be worse. I haven't experienced any really bad bruising or swelling on my face which I'm happy for! So far, things are going smoothly. Next week I get my stitches removed and I'm really excited!!

Before and After Photos

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kabaker and his entire staff were extremely great to me! I was extremely nervous before the surgery and Dr. Kabaker and his staff made me feel comfortable and well taken care of. They answered all of my questions and concerns in detail. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I'm grateful for having Kabaker as my surgeon for this procedure, it was the greatest decision I could have made!!